Avatar in Disneyland | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did not fall in love back in 2010 so for me FoP is just another pretty simulator and River Journey is a rare new boat ride.
I don't care for it's a small world, but I doubt adding conflict would improve it. Sometimes you just wanna roll through a river with singing dolls and sometimes you just wanna chill flying over an alien moon.

For fans of Avatar, the land is our victory lap. The bad sky people have finally been defeated and now we get to enjoy nature and the beauty of Pandora unimpeded.

I analyzed Iger’s wording a bit more carefully over the call. Apparently he said “bringing Avatar to Disneyland” or something similar to those lines.

You guys think we could also get FoP as a standalone ride in TL?

I analyzed Iger’s wording a bit more carefully over the call. Apparently he said “bringing Avatar to Disneyland” or something similar to those lines.

I think it's just going to be a "Raptor Encounter" style experience with an ikran, and it would probably go maybe not where everyone seems to think.

What's funny is that Flight of Passage does have a segment where we're attacked by the Toruk so no it's not entirely devoid of conflict, tension, or stakes.

Reactions: queenmetroid
My GF is very excited for whatever comes from this

To me, cool. I think Hollywood would make the most sense if they want to make a land/sub land and then use the rest for Avengers stuff.

The Theaters for Big shows can just stay as is as well, maybe a slight retheme but it can stay there even if they do that area

Reactions: Alicia
None of those are based on a movie that’s clearly an Iraq war analogy. Avatar is a war movie
You greatly misunderstand the Avatar franchise. Avatar is an environmentalist and anti-colonization franchise and sure, while there is conflict, it’s all an analogy to global warming and how humans couldn’t take care of their own planet so now they are resorting to Pandora in order to survive.

This is word for word part of what Iger said:

“…we’re going to bring a version of Avatar to Disneyland”

To me that sounds like part of Pandora, likely Flight of Passage and maybe Satuli Canteen will be brought over?

Stumbled upon this… In the short term this could make sense to see it come to Disneyland given it is in Shanghai Disneyland currently.

Honestly, throwing something Avatar in the Hollywood Studios area of DCA could work. Millionaire building is pretty big.
I mean They could even mix the themes making it where its hollywood blends into Pandora . Or just redo the entire land and make it Pandora and then save some land for Marvel stuff.

Flight of passive and a new version of the river water ride can easily fit into that space, we have the front of the land where Mickey show is and the restaurants/stores, the the WWTBAM building, then Monster inc and then the area between monsters and the old tron arcade and the tron arcade building as well. They can get all that into the space, especially if Disney is smart and makes buildings taller and have the Q's take up the second story/first story and put the attractions onto or below the Q's.

Also for those sad about Monsters Inc, take out Jellyfish (or move it) and put shops/corn dogs there. and Add Monster Inc next to Mermaid and maybe...maybe upgrade it to the flashlight ride like over in Tokyo.

It will "cost" Disney a little but DCA still has some weak parts to it because they refuse to just move rides and make things work.

If they got rid of Autopia like some have suggested to build a version of Pandora, I could also see them consuming the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, but rather than get rid of it for more space, they could just... retheme it into a Pandora experience, where we're boarding submarines and going on an exploration of Pandora's oceans. Then they can cram in all the Way of Water imagery they want. Anchor that next to a land/ride that takes over Autopia and/or convert the Launch Bay into the Avatar Experience you guys have already mentioned, and then you've got yourself a little nook for Pandora there next to Tomorrowland.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
If they got rid of Autopia like some have suggested to build a version of Pandora, I could also see them consuming the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, but rather than get rid of it for more space, they could just... retheme it into a Pandora experience, where we're boarding submarines and going on an exploration of Pandora's oceans. Then they can cram in all the Way of Water imagery they want. Anchor that next to a land/ride that takes over Autopia and/or convert the Launch Bay into the Avatar Experience you guys have already mentioned, and then you've got yourself a little nook for Pandora there next to Tomorrowland.
No, subs have to go if you're doing Pandora in that area of the park imo. I think Pandora can come without getting rid of any of that as has been mentioned by putting it in Hollywoodland. It's pretty much perfect size to fit Flight of Passage and a quick serve. The problem with putting it in DCA is it's the continued deterioration of the California theme, but at this point might as well keep going and just change the name (or does the name even matter anymore?)

I think the best part of putting Avatar in Hollywoodland is...well...Avatar is a movie haha. No explanation for theme over there, really. Just plop it in and people will be like "alright, sure." That's what we did with Guardians lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
No, subs have to go if you're doing Pandora in that area of the park imo. I think Pandora can come without getting rid of any of that as has been mentioned by putting it in Hollywoodland. It's pretty much perfect size to fit Flight of Passage and a quick serve. The problem with putting it in DCA is it's the continued deterioration of the California theme, but at this point might as well keep going and just change the name (or does the name even matter anymore?)
I agree...but sam Avatar Sub ride would be amazing

Yeah, something that even I occasionally forget is just how layered and complicated that spot is. You first have the subs which take up more space than it looks, then you have Autopia on top of that, and then above that you have both the old PeopleMover track and the Monorail. Any significant changes would be a massive (and probably costly) undertaking as it would involve multiple attractions instead of one.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Yeah, something that even I occasionally forget is just how layered and complicated that spot is. You first have the subs which take up more space than it looks, then you have Autopia on top of that, and then above that you have both the old PeopleMover track and the Monorail. Any significant changes would be a massive (and probably costly) undertaking as it would involve multiple attractions instead of one.
Honestly it's time to retire the subs and Autopia. Monorail can be re-routed. It would also be the perfect time to demolish those Peoplemover tracks. That would leave the perfect chunk of land for a Pandora expansion if that's the route they're intending. Pandora would also be the perfect thematic halfway point between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland as Avatar is sci-fi fantasy.

Hot take: I really don't want Pandora over here. Please don't mistake me, I love the land! Flight of Passage is really fun, Nav'i River Journey is a nice chill-out ride to go on if the line is under 20 minutes, and the noodle bowl at the Pandora restaurant is really good! I just don't think it's in DLR's best interest to have that land over here. It's too much space to devote to a (albeit good) simulator ride and something that will have already been in Florida for many years already. Even if we just got FoP as a standalone ride in TL or gave us Pandora but cut the boat ride, we would be upset that we got shorted. Besides, I want to have some incentive to go to Florida.

That being said, I would not hate the idea of bringing the same ride system over here, but under a different IP. Maybe they could use that for Marvel and replace Web Slingers. Or even better the Hyperion Theater.

I also agree that it's time to retire Autopia and the Subs. They had their time. But if we're gonna raze both rides, it should be for a Fantasyland expansion.