Avatar in Disneyland | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...because Soarin is a better ride & better capacity?

I just don't care for the idea of Avatar in DCA
I would prefer it to be at Disneyland, but I don't mind it being at DCA. DLR just needs Avatar stuff the franchise has gotten too popular for it to not to be in their parks

Gonna be honest, I’ll be a little bummed if the entirety of Hollywood backlot is leaving. I know what will replace it will be much better, but there’s a certain charm about it that I want them to keep. I kinda want the main pathway to stay just for the sake of a part of the original vision of DCA to still be there. It would be nice to put PhilharMagic into the Animation building for a proper version of it.

Just give us Shanghai Pirates style E Ticket AND FOP - problem solved.

DCA does need a couple more E tickets after all.

Would the Shanghai Pirates ride system be able to go outside?? I know this is probably Blue-blue sky art but I'm curious to see if that could even come true

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Either 1) Its part of Disney Forward and its 5+years away and still not approved yet or at the time of announcement

2) It's taking over the Grizzly area in DCA because they have no other area in the parks that could be anything close to the concept art

Either way we are....3+ years away from this no idea why we have been talking about this the last year....like what is next for Disneyland after splash because this is not it.

While I won't believe anything is under the works at Disney until we see shovels hit the ground... Disney has started to turn the corner much faster than expected to a degree. I think they can get these projects done much faster than we think if they believe its necessary.

We're seeing live entertainment brought back into the parks (whether you agree with the new Epcot show or not, at least it's something).

Concept art looks cool, but it’s certainly not an announcement of anything. Given that things appear to be ramping up at Animal Kingdom, I’m curious to see if we’re about to see a bigger focus on the domestic parks after years of getting the international parks in order.

So if this truly is going in Disney forward…we’re not gonna see this for another ten years. Ouch.
If this is a "close to final" concept, Disneyland Forward goes out to the board for approval later this month... and you could see movement later this year or earlier next year.

You wouldn't announce something on a board meeting and not have intentions to do something. This exact piece of art/concept may not happen, but this certainly shows Disney is ready to hit the ground running.

Reactions: saint.piss