Avatar in Disneyland | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Concept art looks cool, but it’s certainly not an announcement of anything.
Even if that isn't what it's going to end up looking like at DL, the concept art makes me excited regardless because it shows how passionate they are about bringing this IP to Disneyland. They have ambitious ideas and I hope that they follow through because the potential is huge.

Literally nothing about its location or timeline has been confirmed. Stop doomposting.
This is on Disney

Tells us the plan....like how many more hints do we get?

Say here is the new land it will start being built here on X date.

I'm sorry but this is like the 5th update for this and they give us one piece of art.

I'm fine with fans giving them crap when they give us this crap, I rather nothing be said about this. Just get to D23 and give us full details, its time or just shut up about it until you have REAL information on it

Literally nothing about its location or timeline has been confirmed. Stop doomposting.
I will quit doomposting the minute Disney quits talking and actually puts shovels into the ground. Even then I actually want to see progress and not just a pile of dirt. I think it’s fair to be extra critical of Disney when they have a brand new theme park opening out on the East coast while they drag their heels on everything but raising prices.

Yep, I totally believe that the 2021 layout matches up with this 2024, post Way of Water concept art. Yep, no questions whatsoever.
Alicia just retweeted that tweet so idk... I'm pretty sure there's some merit to it if she reposted it. Also here's an HD more clean version of the concept art:

Even if they were to start construction later this year or next year or the year after that, there is still the California/Earthquake building codes that come into play (Florida only has to worry about high winds & water).

Also the plot of land that AMC used to sit in Downtown Disney is still dirt..

Reactions: Freak
This is on Disney

Tells us the plan....like how many more hints do we get?

Say here is the new land it will start being built here on X date.

I'm sorry but this is like the 5th update for this and they give us one piece of art.

I'm fine with fans giving them crap when they give us this crap, I rather nothing be said about this. Just get to D23 and give us full details, its time or just shut up about it until you have REAL information on it
That's what I am hoping for as well. Disney, pull out the big guns and deliver at D23. Timelines announced, shovels in the ground ASAP.

Even if they were to start construction later this year or next year or the year after that, there is still the California/Earthquake building codes that come into play (Florida only has to worry about high winds & water).

Also the plot of land that AMC used to sit in Downtown Disney is still dirt..
If the land is going to look anywhere as near as epic as they showed....even if they started today. My guess would be 4....maybe 5 year

GE took 4 years to build and that land while great is no where near as Epic as this...

Also this reminds me of a video I saw where Universal right now is promising things and delivering, while Disney puts out these grand ideas then always cuts back on them....and yeah Splash (the boat/tree on top of the mountain) was a victim of this so no idea where my blind faith is coming in here that this art in anyway will represent the finale product, maybe they can rush it and get us a D ticket ride and some of the land open but....that's also kinda the issue with Disney they many times can never just open a land and it be done now. Toontown had issues for months after opening and the splash pads finally opened a year after the land.

So for those who think some of us are doomers, I just have realistic exceptions from Modern Disney. I hope this land happens but....feels like a pipe dream over what we will see and if it is 5ish plus years away.....doesn't help when DCA needs a new E ticket like yesterday since they just abandoned the Avengers Ride

That's what I am hoping for as well. Disney, pull out the big guns and deliver at D23. Timelines announced, shovels in the ground ASAP.
Man if they don't deliver at D23... Oof. Not sure what will happen lol. I'm not sure what to expect but I just hope for once that they actually go big and annouce things I'm tired of hearing blue sky stuff over and over

Man if they don't deliver at D23... Oof. Not sure what will happen lol. I'm not sure what to expect but I just hope for once that they actually go big and annouce things I'm tired of hearing blue sky stuff over and over
At the very least I think it'll be a more positive slate than 2022. I think the fact that the rumor machine has started to spin up again regarding expansion at AK and DHS is a positive sign. They might just finagle their way into effectively having their yearly new attraction at the resort starting in 2016 (which is not enough for some of these parks, but is probably the minimum acceptable level of investment that should be expected)

I never had any doubt that Avatar and Frozen would be the anchors of the Disneyland side of Disneyland forward. Neither fit DCA at all, and they need their 2 biggest cash cows out there if they want people to walk all the way to the back of critter country, then across a bridge to a former parking lot.
Yes, this will take 4 or 5 years, but hopefully that means they will be able to include characters and storylines from later sequels. I fully expect more info at D23

I never had any doubt that Avatar and Frozen would be the anchors of the Disneyland side of Disneyland forward. Neither fit DCA at all, and they need their 2 biggest cash cows out there if they want people to walk all the way to the back of critter country, then across a bridge to a former parking lot.
Yes, this will take 4 or 5 years, but hopefully that means they will be able to include characters and storylines from later sequels. I fully expect more info at D23
You think both are coming to Disneyland?

I hope not, DCA needs more rides. Disneyland is pretty much perfect besides TL but even then the land is busy so whatever it...can wait

Reactions: TylerG
If a final product looks anything like that, it looks better overall than Pandora at DAK imo and I would hope DAK could get a clone of whatever that boat ride is in the expansion plot.

Similar queue layout as Flight of Passage probably. In this hypothetical blue sky concept pitch art that could and probably will completely change before it’s actually approved and built.
I feel like in Flight of Passage there's a reason you're going up though, because you have to load on multiple levels.