Avengerail | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengerail

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Six Flags wraps their coaster cars in ads for movies, sports drinks, and AXE body wash. Maybe TDO got that Pressler memo from the 90s saying "If it's good enough for Six Flags it's good enough for us."

Six Flags wraps their coaster cars in ads for movies, sports drinks, and AXE body wash. Maybe TDO got that Pressler memo from the 90s saying "If it's good enough for Six Flags it's good enough for us."

This is what Six Flags Magic Mountain has done for a certain upcoming movie...... :stunned:

IMG9380-L.jpg

IMG9383-L.jpg

IMG9412-L.jpg

^ Embarrassing.

I would cry sacrilege if Universal wrapped the water taxis in American Reunion ads. And let's be honest, the water taxis ain't the monorail.

Avengers Monorail (Avengerail) debuts at Walt Disney World in Orlando

[video=youtube;Ai40uDeoNPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai40uDeoNPA[/video]

On March 31, 2012, Walt Disney World debuted one of its monorails wrapped to promote The Avengers, hitting theaters on May 4, 2012. Monorail Red has been turned black featuring the Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and and Thor along with The Avengers logo.

Reactions: BJCool
Didn't have a problem with Stitch. Didn't have a problem with Tron. Don't have a problem with The Avengers. The layout isn't the most thoughtful but I'm too excited for this movie to care. I like seeing Iron Man and Cap on my way to MK.

Just an example of how Disney ruins Marvel. They should stick to child movies

How does the Avengerail ruin Marvel? Considering Marvel allowed both FF and Ghost Rider films, Ang Lee's The Hulk, DareDevil and its Electra spin off, Spider-Man 3, and all the terrible X-Men films, I'd say they were doing just fine ruining their own franchise long before Disney arrived.

Can anyone confirm the Avenger monorail is not running today? I read this on another site, and of course, there is no confirmation as to whether this is true or not, and of course, why.

From what I've been told, this is bait to get Universal into court about the rights to clear up some of the ambiguities in the licensing agreement.

From what I've been told, this is bait to get Universal into court about the rights to clear up some of the ambiguities in the licensing agreement.

That would be a funny way to do it. But I certainly don't buy it as big companies, both Disney and Universal included have huge teams of legal departments that it is their full time job to handle that sort of thing.

This was simply just a tacky attempt at advertising their movie they have the biggest hopes for this year.

This was simply just a tacky attempt at advertising their movie they have the biggest hopes for this year.

It'll be a huge movie regardless. They don't need to resort to this kind of advertising.

That would be a funny way to do it. But I certainly don't buy it as big companies, both Disney and Universal included have huge teams of legal departments that it is their full time job to handle that sort of thing.

Not funny at all. Actually, pretty clever. It's a relatively cheap way to get courts to decide what does or doesn't constitute a theme park, an attraction, and what characters can and cannot be used.

If this was purely for advertising, I would have made more sense to do this more than a month before it releases.

Not funny at all. Actually, pretty clever. It's a relatively cheap way to get courts to decide what does or doesn't constitute a theme park, an attraction, and what characters can and cannot be used.

If this was purely for advertising, I would have made more sense to do this more than a month before it releases.

Brilliant.

How does the Avengerail ruin Marvel? Considering Marvel allowed both FF and Ghost Rider films, Ang Lee's The Hulk, DareDevil and its Electra spin off, Spider-Man 3, and all the terrible X-Men films, I'd say they were doing just fine ruining their own franchise long before Disney arrived.

Marvel had no choice as they sold thr rights for those.
Marvel Studios movies are a different story with better results.