Avengerail | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengerail

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not funny at all. Actually, pretty clever. It's a relatively cheap way to get courts to decide what does or doesn't constitute a theme park, an attraction, and what characters can and cannot be used.

If this was purely for advertising, I would have made more sense to do this more than a month before it releases.

Yea. I mean they'd still not be getting any of the worthwhile characters out of this though.

Marvel had no choice as they sold thr rights for those.
Marvel Studios movies are a different story with better results.

They sold the rights, yes. To companies that would grind franchises to fine dust for a penny. It's still on Marvel to size up companies before forking their properties over. The majority of Marvel films pre-Disney were utter crap. For that matter, their comics were taking several turns for the worst. Not sure if you read the conclusion of "Civil War" or any of the "Marvel Zombies," "Spider-Man: One More Day," Spider-Man: The Other," or "The Secret Invasion" arcs... but they were all just terrible and pre-Disney. Kick-Ass and Carnage were the only books in recent memory worth reading. And no one was/is to blame but Marvel. To say that advertising The Avengers via monorail is ruining Marvel is a ludicrous claim.

--- Update ---

Yea. I mean they'd still not be getting any of the worthwhile characters out of this though.

Thor, Fury, Hawkeye, Widow, and arguably Tony Stark (not as Iron Man). Could be enough to pursue something worthwhile.

Just curious on how Disney could use Tony Stark in the WDW parks as he is referenced in Marvel Superher Island?

It was my understanding that Disney can't use any performing character Universal has used. Meaning, they have costumes for Hulk and IronMan, despite being hardly used, Cap, Spidey, Rogue, Storm, Wolvie, Cyclopes, etc. But Stark isn't out as a character so he is game. Again, I don't know the details so I could be off base, but what I've always heard is that Disney was restricted to using costumed character based off Universal's scraps.

It will be a huge movie regardless. They don't NEED to advetise it but that goes for almost everything in the parks. They don't need to push Jack Sparrow all over the place. They do not need to have Tinker Bell flying over so many logos, but the fact that they do helps build a brand.

No one thinks the movie is going to be a disappointment by any means, but they did not just do the monorail wrap to easily debate something in the Courts. All the money and planning that went into the wrap for something the Lawyers in legal departments spend countless hours and days sorting through and have already sorted through when the deal was originally made.

Saw it/rode in it on Saturday. It's pretty sick. Very sleek and although I don't like it as much as the Tron-o-rails, it still gets a "OMGWTF IS THAT" from the guests on the ground.

Guest exiting Avengerail: Excuse me, what park has the comic book land?
Cast Member: Comic Book land?
Guest: Yeah isn't there a land with Marvel Superhero's here?
CM: Uhhhhhh.....

Just an example of how Disney ruins Marvel.
Disney has done absolutely nothing that "ruins" Marvel, and even if something bad does come out of Marvel (Ghost Rider 2, SM 3, X-Men Orgins: Wolverine, etc), it has nothing to do with Disney.

They should stick to child movies
facepalm.gif

God, what's happened to you Obi Ubamba? You used to be a seemly pretty cool guy with well thought-out posts, but now all of your recent posts are just bland, biased, worthless, and noncontributive random occasional short comments like "Oh that's cool" or "Well this sucks".

All those Rep points you have mean absolutely nothing now. If you don't have anything interesting or contributive to say, then don't post at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian G.
It was my understanding that Disney can't use any performing character Universal has used. Meaning, they have costumes for Hulk and IronMan, despite being hardly used, Cap, Spidey, Rogue, Storm, Wolvie, Cyclopes, etc. But Stark isn't out as a character so he is game. Again, I don't know the details so I could be off base, but what I've always heard is that Disney was restricted to using costumed character based off Universal's scraps.

See from what I gathered that was just part of the large legal blanket that also covers any characters referenced as a part of Marvel Superhero Island as an attraction itself in the park.

So in that case Tony Stark is also out of the picture because Stark Industries is referenced a good amount throughout the Island.

See from what I gathered that was just part of the large legal blanket that also covers any characters referenced as a part of Marvel Superhero Island as an attraction itself in the park.

So in that case Tony Stark is also out of the picture because Stark Industries is referenced a good amount throughout the Island.

The contract clearly states that the use of any character (or any character from the same family) that's used in Universal is denied Disney. All Spider-man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men characters are denied through the use of the characters for the attractions.

Exactly my point. So besides merchandise or ad, you will not see anything of Stark Industries, just like all the other characters within the theme parks of WDW

Quite honestly, I think some people need to be less sanctinmonious about Disney. It's a monorail, people.

While I don't care about wrapping the monorail, that wrap is a design disaster. It's hideous. Tronorail looked awesome. This is a jumbled, ugly mess.

And I understand where people are coming from when they don't like it. The monorail is a symbol of the resort, not a roving billboard.

Of course, the wrap is a lot less of a problem than the decrepit state of the fleet.

The monorail is a symbol of the resort, not a roving billboard.

To me it's not an issue if we have a single monorail rolling around with a wrap on it. The fleet still retains it's nostalgia, per se and the one in the fleet that is wrapped stands out. Synergy with a company this large is necessary. However, I do start to see some SERIOUS issues if all the monorails start to become billboards.