Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back to the Future: The Ride

Not exactly ride related but I went to a local comic con today and was able to get some pictures of a Delorean. Unfortunately I got there too late to take any good pictures as they were packing things up but here are a few I thought I'd share :D
14087355656_734c302d25_c.jpg

14110492465_93ce3de61f_c.jpg

14107218711_9be1a1cee8_c.jpg

I found these pictures, not sure if they have been posted before.

It's from the opening ceremony of Back To The Future The Ride:

"Back to the Future: The Ride" LaunchAngel Stadium, Anaheim, California

Producer for Universal Studios Hollywood Promotions

For the promotional launch of the Back to the Future Ride, a spectacular pre-show was conceived for the Season Opener at Angel Stadium. The crowd was invited to don polarized glassed to witness the first ever 3-D live event. Doc Brown's flying DeLorean magically appeared in the outfield. Once at home plate, the car hatches opened to reveal that Doc Brown had gone to the past to bring Willie Mays to the present to throw the opening pitch.

angel_full_car.jpg

angel_full_kids.jpg

from

http://www.creativeintegrity.net/promotional_events.html

I miss this ride with my all my heart.... I hope we get the one day overlay on Simpsons. Although It won't have the same feeling of stepping into a Delorean, the one day overlay has to be done In 2015 or I will be quite disappointed

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly, it doesn't seem that this will be the case... It sucks, believe me it does but next year they have a lot more things on they're plate (F&F,Springfield,HOHredo,and still building Potter) and it wouldn't really make sense.

I believe it is some sort of drums to accompany the music. I really love that and wish the soundtrack version of the ride music had it.

The blu ray has the ride footage. I have the trilogy set which has the ride footage. It's the only I have experienced the ride (untill I'm in US Japan next month).

Edit:

From wiki

Home media

About two years after the ride opened, one of the ride employees recorded the entire ride projector footage, in-car footage, and pre-ride line footage from the master laser discs to a VHS tape and sold bootleg copies of it. Copies can still be found in online auctions, and some footage has been posted on YouTube. As a result, in February 2009, Universal included all of the queue, pre-show and ride footage on the 2009 DVD rerelease of Back to the Future as part of a second bonus disc.[5] The DVD release includes some minor edits in the queue video portions.

As a result of the editing, the music played during the queue videos has been removed, and a section when Brown asks volunteers if they have seen Biff has also been removed. The pre-time travel systems check section of the pre-flight video has also been removed. In the main ride portion on the DVD release, the DeLorean based vehicle and ride cabin is virtually re-created (not totally accurate to the ride's dashboard). The time travel coordinates bear May 2, 1991 as the starting date in the beginning of the portion, which was the opening of the Florida attraction as well as the fictional opening of the Institute within the ride. All of the pre-show and ride footage have been included as a special feature on the 2010 Blu-ray release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they release the ride footage on Blu-ray eventually. Such a shame that it's only in standard definition on the bluray set. I think the ride film is a masterpiece.
I guess I should've been more clear. I know it's technically on "bluray" but it's in standard definition on the bluray. I meant to say I hope they eventually release the Imax footage in High Definition somehow, or even 4k sometime in the future...somehow.