Back to the Future: The Ride | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Back to the Future: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, it's a roller coaster. The ride vehicle will weave its way through sets, animatronics and screens which are blended seamlessly as seen in other recent attractions. Some say the attraction may be like Revenge of the Mummy, though a lot more tame (since it's going to be a family ride). There were some photos leaked earlier this week of progress inside the show building, showing the project in the midst of construction. At the bottom of the photos you can see the wavy, winding coaster portion.
Should we think of it as a better themed Mummy? Without the proper coaster of course.

Should we think of it as a better themed Mummy? Without the proper coaster of course.
Well I read it was a roller coaster, but then again I don't know how tame it would be... maybe it's just a fast dark ride...

I would say so. I'm expecting something similar to Transformers, but instead of a ride vehicle going on a track, it'd be a tame roller coaster. They made it clear that this would be a family attraction, something that everyone could enjoy. Keep in mind that it can't be too insane, or the guests' 3D glasses will fall off.

Haha that WOULD be hilarious! Every year you'd be travelling to would be the past. Although the name "Back To The FUTURE" would then be talking about the current present. My brain hurts...

Jk haha

When is Potter USJ scheduled to open?

Oh gosh I feel dumb haha. I forgot we were talking about the Wizarding World for a moment, I thought you meant they announced the closure of BTTF during the press announcement hahahhaa

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly 8 years ago today I rode Back to the Future: The Ride for my last time. It was a stormy day in Orlando and my mother and I had been at Universal for 4 days to celebrate my 16th birthday. We loved BTTF the Ride and went on it at least 40 times. The last day of our adventure was June 26th 2005. We had spent the last day recording all of the rides we loved such as Jurassic Park River Adventure, JAWS, and of course BTTF. Our last stop for the day was recording BTTF. We had the best car in the house (the very middle of the center row) and we enjoyed BTTF one last time before heading out. As we left the IFT my mother asked “Did you want to go on one more time?" and as if it was a scene out of a movie I turned my head back to see the grand ride and said “Nah, I’ll be back". What a regret. 

Last edited by a moderator: