Back to the Future: The Ride | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Back to the Future: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would it be possible for them to temporary show the bttf ride video footage instead of the Simpsons ? And make the movement of the Simpsons car to follow the bttf one ? Just throwing out an idea for 2015 . Cause that would be awesome just a temporary bttf ride !

Reactions: Jerry 92602
Definitely possible. Computer programming of the simulator cars wouldnt take much effort in my opinion. As a very limited time offering, I could see it happening many years down the road for a special event, although ideally it would happen in 2015.

Unlikely though

Not that hard. They already have it as a digital file but scaled down (it's on the BTTF bluray and dvd but not in HD). Source material they used looked fine, so they just need to use the HD version they scanned and voila! It's ready. I doubt they'd ever do that though unfortunately

It's better use of the space, yes. I just wish the ride wasn't so mediocre. Also, I can't believe they're just gonna leave the ride building's side still exposed like that. Like, would it have killed them to make a forced perspective mountain on the side od the building with the Springfield sign on it?

There are rumors about an actual Springfield sign being placed to the right of Android's Dungeon, not shown in the concept art. Others wanted some sort of forced perspective with the nuclear power plant's towers on the side of the building as if it was in the distance. It's very likely the entire Simpsons area will be split into 2 sections: Krustyland and Springfield. The Krustyland sign shown to the left of the Kwik-E-Mart would designate the transition between the two. At first I wasn't so keen on this idea, but think about it - the Wizarding World is basically split into two: Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. So far, it's worked perfectly. I'm fine with it.

Anyways, I have a feeling Universal may have been paying attention to complaints about BTTF's departure, so they decided to make Simpsons more appealing by throwing in some more immersive experiences taken from the franchise. They should've remastered Simpsons' ride footage first, in my opinion.. it's way too dim/dull.

I think anything having to do with the Simpsons Ride being mediocre/Back to the Future coming back should be relegated to the split milk metaphor.

It's done, and Universal isn't going to change the ride. Yes, it's nice to reminisce, but complaining is really like beating a dead horse at this point. Universal doesn't listen to diehard fans - and they shouldn't. They're a diehard minority for a reason, and they really don't matter in the grander scheme of things. It's harsh, but true.

That being said, I'll be open towards any expansion we get at the park. Doc's has never made sense in the area, and it wouldn't be all-too surprising for them to change it. But then again, I'm sure other things have higher priority on their list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Krusty Burger, along with some Simpsons updates, would serve as the attraction of 2015? Not that big of an attraction, so to speak, but Universal's idea of attractions is quite different for our park compared to ones like USF and IOA.

Yeah I agree... it's not coming back, BTTF is dead... we just need to accept it. I think that it aggravetes us that the ride was replaced with something with same technology which obviously feels outdated now. It was a great ride, for its time... and I love BTTF but the ride wouldn't survive today

I love BTTF, both the movies and ride. And I really miss the ride. A lot. I just don't like The Simpsons in general. Not only am I not a fan of the show, I think the ride overlay/ride film and queue feel cheap. That's why I complain so much ;) Realistically, I know it's impossible to get the ride back, and I agree it was it's "times". I just hate what replaced it. We've been over this before: I'm all for moving forward and replacing the ride IF the replacement is an improvement. That was always my gripe.

I love BTTF, both the movies and ride. And I really miss the ride. A lot. I just don't like The Simpsons in general. Not only am I not a fan of the show, I think the ride overlay/ride film and queue feel cheap. That's why I complain so much ;) Realistically, I know it's impossible to get the ride back, and I agree it was it's "times". I just hate what replaced it. We've been over this before: I'm all for moving forward and replacing the ride IF the replacement is an improvement. That was always my gripe.
I totally understand... wasn't replaced with something better

Way to make me miss BTTF even more ;) it really had a sense od adventure and excitement and anticipation, from the queue to the ride. Id love to ride it again, and miss it, but I'd want something new and revolutionary like BTTF was in the 90s. Simpsons to me is a lame April Fools overlay that stayed too long. Mentioning it's fine for tourists but lame for locals hits it on the head.

Reactions: steve
I'll admit, I'm a bit worried for Minion Mayhem.. the re-ride factor won't necessarily be strong, and the fact that they brought back multiple preshow rooms bugs me. They're necessary to build up a story, but USH's repeat visitors/AP holders will get a bit tired of it all.

Reactions: Chris
I'm still surprised they're bringing the ride here. I'm surprised they don't read the USH Facebook comments or do market research. Yes, the Minions are popular, but the USH locals have been very vocal about being tired of simulators at the park.

I'm not necessarily surprised about the minions coming here, but I'm not overly excited. Sure, it's cool to have the ride here, but it's true - there is such thing as too many simulators! I mean, FJ is a simulator, but it's more of a groundbreaking ride than anything. I've never heard Minion Mayhem referred to as anything similar.. I mean, it's won the ride of the year award (or something similar, can't remember), but it's nothing to write home about. Transformers is very similar to FJ, but it hasn't been as highly praised as FJ. To be honest, the first time I walked into Transformers I didn't know what to expect. I was excited, but didn't expect too much. 20 mins later, I walked out with my jaw on the floor. Seriously, I had never experienced anything like it before. Transformers will remain my favorite ride at our park until Potter arrives. I rest my case! Anyways, simulators are convenient, but get pretty darn old. Universal really needs to take another step forward in terms of technology if they're planning on continuing on the path of simulators.

I'm not necessarily surprised about the minions coming here, but I'm not overly excited. Sure, it's cool to have the ride here, but it's true - there is such thing as too many simulators! I mean, FJ is a simulator, but it's more of a groundbreaking ride than anything. I've never heard Minion Mayhem referred to as anything similar.. I mean, it's won the ride of the year award (or something similar, can't remember), but it's nothing to write home about. Transformers is very similar to FJ, but it hasn't been as highly praised as FJ. To be honest, the first time I walked into Transformers I didn't know what to expect. I was excited, but didn't expect too much. 20 mins later, I walked out with my jaw on the floor. Seriously, I had never experienced anything like it before. Transformers will remain my favorite ride at our park until Potter arrives. I rest my case! Anyways, simulators are convenient, but get pretty darn old. Universal really needs to take another step forward in terms of technology if they're planning on continuing on the path of simulators.
Totally agree... still think Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland is an example of what Universal can do for a dark ride... not huge space, but a lot of attention in details... maybe we can get something like that