Best Theme Park Entrance? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Theme Park Entrance?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park has the best entrance?

• Magic Kingdom's Main Street U.S.A.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • Epcot's Future World

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Universal Studios Florida's Production Central

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios' Hollywood Boulevard

• SeaWorld Orlando

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom's Oasis

• Total voters
My favorite is, without a doubt, Port of Entry.

The theming is beautiful, there's so many interesting little details, and wonderful music. Plus, the carved sign boasting "The Adventure Begins" is simply true and perfect.

Port of Entry FTW!

Port of Entry is a strong 2nd place, but it's Main Street USA all the way. If this was "Best Turnstiles Area", IOA would win, but after walking under the bridge, the Port of Entry excitement takes a backseat to the anticipation of riding the first ride of the day. Main Street USA is all show, from the train station to the castle. Flawless presentation and the best "wow" moment in any theme park.

Port of Entry is a strong 2nd place, but it's Main Street USA all the way. If this was "Best Turnstiles Area", IOA would win, but after walking under the bridge, the Port of Entry excitement takes a backseat to the anticipation of riding the first ride of the day. Main Street USA is all show, from the train station to the castle. Flawless presentation and the best "wow" moment in any theme park.

That's a very good point about PoE. I find myself appreciating it much more leaving the park than entering it. On the way in, from the bridge to lagoon is kind of a dead spot for me. Nothing can grab my attention. But when I leave I always seem to notice more new details every trip. IoA definitely wins best stroller and front of the park restroom contest though :lol:. Such nice themeing in the whole area.

Ill just list mine..

- MSUSA
- Port of Entry
- MGM
- DAK
- EPCOT
- USF

Things might change around if the hat and gravestones were to be removed. I hate USFs entrance. Doesn't do anything for me.

I've thought about it, and I'd say my list is like this:

- Main St. USA
- Port of Entry
- EPCOT
- Disney Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Universal Studios Florida

I agree wholeheartedly with AquaDuck. As much as I love Uni, the only thing it's got going for it are the arches. Beyond that... :ack: If that entire street beyond the turnstiles (and hell, even the turnstiles), could be redone, there could be some real potential.

My vote goes to Port of Entry. I always enjoy hanging around outside the gates when it's dark, listening to the music and watching the light tower.

I've thought about it, and I'd say my list is like this:

- Main St. USA
- Port of Entry
- EPCOT
- Disney Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Universal Studios Florida

I agree wholeheartedly with AquaDuck. As much as I love Uni, the only thing it's got going for it are the arches. Beyond that... :ack: If that entire street beyond the turnstiles (and hell, even the turnstiles), could be redone, there could be some real potential.
And the globe... If that counts. Honestly, I like the look of the area, but it just doesn't make a good theme park entrance.

I also don't like when I enter USF that the first thing I hear is "Ice cold beer! Get it here!" No thanks. Just seems lackluster to me.

It's interesting to see how Port of Entry is such a big hit, where as USF's entry is the least favorite. I really wish they would do something with Universals entrance. It needs to be glorified and reworked I feel like. It just isnt strong enough. Part of the problem too is that it is overwelmed with lines from Despicable and Shrek.

And the globe... If that counts. Honestly, I like the look of the area, but it just doesn't make a good theme park entrance.

I love the globe to death, but it's too far away to count as an entrance to me. It's a gorgeous picture spot, yes, but not connected enough.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what we were including as "the entrance." Here's how I defined it for my vote.

MK: All of Main Street USA.
EP: Turnstiles to Fountain of Nations. Unfair to include all of Future World.
DHS: Hollywood Boulevard, to the stupid stage. Can't even do it to the hat because the stage is too big.
DAK: Oasis
USF: Turnstiles to the road intersection, so the smallest of them all.
IOA: Port of Entry
SWO: Up to Manta.

Good question! Torn between MSUSA and POE. Had to give it to MSUSA. My last trip I finally snagged a spot on the horse-drawn trolley and it was just so great riding down Main Street, USA taking in all the sights and sounds. And finally coming up on the castle? Chills. POE is an insanely close second, though. Such detail and music should not be overlooked.

What about entrances to the different themed areas within the parks, such as the entramce to WWOHP? I think alot of people would say that has the best "island" entrance at IOA.
I meant solely the entrance to the actual park; one of the most important parts to the theme park itself.