Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would enjoy Australia at AK... (or antartica ;)) Imagine just how much they could do with the continent... the outback... and New Zealand island... Granted they could always bring New Zealand to Epcot so we can get a "look at how nice it looks... and here is where we shoot power rangers.. and over there was the epic scene from lord of the rings.. and hey it's king kong!"

A source has said that if Brazil is built, there will most likely be a ride involved.

according to my busdriver source the ride will be designed so if you chant and scream surprises happen... and if your quiet you ride through a dark room with nothing happening... then at the end it's discovered the monsters from Monsters Inc. were using your screams and chants to power to ride and if you did nothing they will mock you.

*hides*

Last edited:
i think WS needs more rides. While some lots of guests enjoy just seeing all the different countries, there are los of guests (especially children and teens) that are really at Disney just for the rides. Besides, if they're all like Norway and Mexico, you barely notice them, keeping the authenticity for those that just enjoy the different cultures and architecture.

According to my friend and his source, who also posts over at Discussion Kingdom, the proposed ride is apparently going to be an unused variation of the ride proposed for the Venezuela pavilion back in the day. Not a thrill ride but a ride definitely that will be interesting.

According to my friend and his source, who also posts over at Discussion Kingdom, the proposed ride is apparently going to be an unused variation of the ride proposed for the Venezuela pavilion back in the day. Not a thrill ride but a ride definitely that will be interesting.

There was a Venezuela pavillion proposed once? :inquisitive: Thats news to me.

What is this ride like?

Will I be able to buy those Brazilian tourist flags that all the group leaders hold as they march, parade and shout through the parks? I would totally want one for off Brazilian season in Orlando so me and the wife could march, parade and practice our cheers/hand clapping. Exclaims rotcav in a mild sarcastic tone of poke and prod.

That's definitely got me a little more excited about this pavilion. Thrill rides don't belong is WS anyway.

According to this website (http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/epcot.php) this is the list of proposed pavilions over the years.

Brazil Pavilion
A Brazilian pavilion for World Showcase developed by Claude Coats.

Costa Rica Pavilion
A Costa Rica themed pavilion for World Showcase.

Denmark Pavilion
1983 plans for a Denmark Pavilion would have been based on Tivoli Gardens and included a Ferris wheel, carousel and a canal ride through Lego miniatures of world landmarks. Later 1994 plans were all but signed, but ultimately fell through.

Equatorial Africa Pavilion
An African themed pavilion for World Showcase. Many elements later appeared at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Iran Pavilion
An Iran themed pavilion for World Showcase, with a dark ride through Persian history inside a replica Golestan Palace, and bazaar shopping area. Cancelled when the Shah of Iran lost power to the Islamic Fundamentalist Regime.

Israel Pavilion
An Israel themed pavilion for World Showcase. Possibly abandoned due to security worries.

Movie Pavilion
A ride based on Hollywood movies, that later evolved into Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.

Netherlands Pavilion
1982 plans considered the addition of a Netherlands Pavilion, which eventually lead, via the possibility of Denmark and Scandinavia Pavilions, to the Norway Pavilion.

Philippines Pavilion
A Philippines themed pavilion for World Showcase, developed by Claude Coats.

Poland Pavilion
Artwork for a Polish pavilion with a distinctly Eastern European look was shown at an Art of Disney Architecture exhibition.

Project Gemini
A plan to retheme and reinvigorate Future World as Discoveryland, with Time Racers rollercoaster, rainforest rollercoaster, and numerous other projects.

Scandinavia Pavilion
1983 plans for a Denmark Pavilion lead to the development of a Scandinavia (or Nordic) Pavilion covering three countries before the focus was narrowed to produce the 1988 Norway Pavilion.

Soviet Union Pavilion
A Russian themed pavilion for World Showcase, featuring a recreation of St. Basil's Cathedral.

Space Pavilion
An entire Space Pavilion was considered for after Mission: SPACE. Guests would be aboard a three story space station, with a space walk ride weaving amongst it.

Spain Pavilion
A Spain themed pavilion for World Showcase.

Switzerland Pavilion
A Switzerland themed pavilion for World Showcase, including a west coast version of the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

United Arab Emirates Pavilion
A United Arab Emirates themed pavilion for World Showcase.

Venezuela Pavilion
A Venezuela themed pavilion for World Showcase including an aerial tour above a rainforest and a waterfall restaurant.

:shrug:

Last edited:
A waterfall restaurant actually could be pretty darn cool if you ask me. But South America does need to be represented in some form, Brazil or Peru would be my top choices for the countries to pick.

There was a Venezuela pavillion proposed once? :inquisitive: Thats news to me.

What is this ride like?

Not really sure, to be honest. From what I gather it'll be kinda like Soarin, where you'll travel through the Rainforest, but on cable cars or something. I don't know. They're being very mum on the situation, so I could be completely wrong. And even then, they say the ride isn't exactly the same, so who knows.

Thrill rides don't belong is WS anyway.

I don't really agree with that statement at all. Any ride can go anywhere as long as the theme fits.

Not really sure, to be honest. From what I gather it'll be kinda like Soarin, where you'll travel through the Rainforest, but on cable cars or something. I don't know. They're being very mum on the situation, so I could be completely wrong. And even then, they say the ride isn't exactly the same, so who knows.

I don't really agree with that statement at all. Any ride can go anywhere as long as the theme fits.

Agreed, I wish the Mount Fiji coaster in Japan would have happenned, and I wouldn't mind if they would FINALLY open the River ride behind Germany as well.

I don't care about thrill or non-thrill, I just enjoy rides and differnet things. I will ride Maelstrom and Grand Fiesta for the heck of it, but I won't bother with the Circlevision movies though.

I guess your statement is more accurate. I just cringe when I think of a HRRR type coaster weaving around WS. I also generally don't bother with the circlevisions in WS.

So is thing completely dead now I havnt heard anything about this thing in months!!!

Oh, just wait a little! :look:

This subject is comming up from time to time since years (decade?)
There is space for 8 more countries (they will never use the lots for 8 more countries!) and at least once or twice a year a busdriver, colleague who works at disney or any other insider gets a hint that there is comming a new addition to WS :sneaky:

Soooo... Just get some :pop: and wait what happens :rofl:

It´s almost as nice as a new topic "5th Theme Park"... :wave:

Brazil would be a smash hit! Brazilian steakhouses are very popular, and you know Disney would seize the opportunity to capitalize off this trend. And there's so many great theming ideas; Rio, the Amazon, etc. I initially thought a South America area was going to be added to AK, but Avatar shot that down. Is it crazy to think of a possible Amazonian animal exhibit in Epcot? Why not? There's already the Living Seas. And what about a possible Amazon water ride??? World Showcase is in dire need of a new country, Brazil is a must!

If the rumors of them adding 2 countries are true, the second should be Australia, Russia, or Ireland.