Celebrity Encounters | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Celebrity Encounters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did not actually meet him, but was in the park at the same time as him. An employee told me that yesterday the creator of Jimmy Neutron (movie and TV show) was at Universal. He rode JNNB and visited the Nickstuff store. While at Nickstuff, he bought nearly one of everything, and also made multiple purchases of each Jimmy Neutron item.

Last edited:
In the parks I have meet several celebrities mostly during official events like Star Wars Weekends (Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, etc.) and seen several bands during Night of Joy or Rock the Universe, just hanging out in the parks. I did just bump into Phil Joel, the bass player for the Newsboys in front of Space Mountain. As for more random sightings, I was once just 2 people behind Caroline Rhea (from Sabrina the Teenage Witch) when she was buying something from the Briar Patch. But my favorite meeting was sitting beside Marty Sklar, the Chief Imagineer at the American Adventure during Epcot's 25th.

I had lunch with Jerry Bruckheimer, Chris Columbus and a few others at Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot but that was just biz, otherwise I have never noticed a famous person at any of the parks. I am too busy looking at the theming and engineering details and all the happy incredible stuff.

I've met the Black Eyed Peas before their concert on Back to the Future. Also, I saw John C. Reilly at Halloween Horror Nights. Unrelated to an actual theme park, but at my hotel I was staying at recently, I met Quinten Aaron from The Blindside!

I saw Ray Park and James Arnold Taylor at DHS during SWW. I thought I saw Jon Stewart at Uni but brushed it off. Later that night on the news, I found out that it was him.

Johnny Depp Spotted at Tiki Room

302222_10150769837175434_715845433_20691003_5563932_n.jpg

Decent story behind this as well if anyone actually looks into this thread and wants to hear it.

He was literally 4 feet away!

Okay so the story. I was waiting in line for Tiki Room and I was the last person to show up so they made me wait for the next show. I was about to leave and I decided to stay. Good call on my part. Up strolls this guy who looks like Johnny Depp. I seriously didn't think it was Johnny Depp. I literally thought to myself "Wow this guy looks like Johnny Depp." Not, "Hey, that's Johnny Depp." But none the less I decided to google "Johnny Depp tattoos" and Depp was seriously so close I'm pretty sure he could see me googling this. So I google tattoos and a couple look like they were in the right spot and what not but I was still semi-skeptical.

So we que up for Tiki Room and I decide not to stand beside Depp, and decide not to ask him because at this point nobody has bothered the guy and I didn't want to either. I'm still semi skeptical but I see the trade mark Jack and Sparrow tattoo and this alone would confirm it to anyone, but I'm still semi skeptical. What truly gave it away was the attendant had the biggest smile on his face when he was ushering us in and the woman who kinda looks like Sharon Osbourne in the pictures (red haired woman) smiles at the attendant points at Sparrow and points at the attendant and the attendant just shakes his head and still has this goofy grin on his face. Otherwise I would be saying "Hey I think I met Johnny Depp" and not be so sure about it.

I would have had to fight everything inside me not to geek out and at least ask for a picture.

I would've absolutely have said something, especially since I work in Miramar, FL which is where he grew up, I'm sure that would at least get me a picture.

When was this?

He was literally 4 feet away!

Okay so the story. I was waiting in line for Tiki Room and I was the last person to show up so they made me wait for the next show. I was about to leave and I decided to stay. Good call on my part. Up strolls this guy who looks like Johnny Depp. I seriously didn't think it was Johnny Depp. I literally thought to myself "Wow this guy looks like Johnny Depp." Not, "Hey, that's Johnny Depp." But none the less I decided to google "Johnny Depp tattoos" and Depp was seriously so close I'm pretty sure he could see me googling this. So I google tattoos and a couple look like they were in the right spot and what not but I was still semi-skeptical.

So we que up for Tiki Room and I decide not to stand beside Depp, and decide not to ask him because at this point nobody has bothered the guy and I didn't want to either. I'm still semi skeptical but I see the trade mark Jack and Sparrow tattoo and this alone would confirm it to anyone, but I'm still semi skeptical. What truly gave it away was the attendant had the biggest smile on his face when he was ushering us in and the woman who kinda looks like Sharon Osbourne in the pictures (red haired woman) smiles at the attendant points at Sparrow and points at the attendant and the attendant just shakes his head and still has this goofy grin on his face. Otherwise I would be saying "Hey I think I met Johnny Depp" and not be so sure about it.

Jake, awesome story man! Gotta admit of all celebrities to see thats one that even I would be wowed by.