CityWalk Expansion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Is nothing going on in CityWalk at this time?

There's plenty happening. Just not much to talk about.

Right now the work on Starbucks, Viva, Hot Dog Hall of Fame, and the Universal Studios store are visually observable, but with very little to see sans construction walls and beams. After Starbucks can move, they can start the work on Cowfish as well.

Currently the work on the restaurant areas in the former Cigarz, TCBY,& Katie's area is contained to internal work and is not noticeable from the outside, nor have walls been put up.

Instead of just doing the same old Potter videos that I've been doing where not a long is changing I decided to do a Citywalk construction video. Lots of cool stuff here. It's broken up into sections. Hope you guys enjoy. I specifically say Cowfish, but it's actually Pranzo/Vivo I was looking at. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

[video=youtube;wpugKyk_6IQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpugKyk_6IQ[/video]

Last edited:
Pranzo=Vivo.

Funny, when I saw the Bread Box/Menchies part, the first thing I thought was "oh look, some of our barricades are in there."

Pranzo=Vivo.

Funny, when I saw the Bread Box/Menchies part, the first thing I thought was "oh look, some of our barricades are in there."

I'm really on a roll. The funny thing about Cigarz is that a decent amount of it is gutter, but there is what clearly looks like a beer bottle if you look in.

Instead of just doing the same old Potter videos that I've been doing where not a long is changing I decided to do a Citywalk construction video. Lots of cool stuff here. It's broken up into sections. Hope you guys enjoy. I specifically say Cowfish, but it's actually Pranzo/Vivo I was looking at. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

[video=youtube;wpugKyk_6IQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpugKyk_6IQ[/video]

Really great video, Jake! I love how you got shots from different angles and perspectives :thumbs:

Any idea how much longer until they begin on the bridge for Cabana?

Granted it was dark when I went by yesterday night, I didn't see any work there yet. But the lights were on in CBBR and it looked very nice! I'll see if I can get some shots next weekend.

There are balconies behind where the old signs were. I believe they are for access to the lights without bringing a high reach in.

Oh, I see. I was wondering if those balconies had been put there in case anyone ever needed to do a dramatic balcony scene (with arm gestures, and probably singing) :lol:

@UORBuzz posted more pics of Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery from today on his site, including:

icutcFoKDwmCL.jpg

iJwx0rK7EVJPx.jpg

iyYynzAXlI01E.jpg

Cold Stone looks ready to open to me, but Starbucks looks like it still has some work to do. However, construction walls have gone up around 727 (the storage area next to Starbucks upstairs), so it looks as though they are ready to start work as soon as Starbucks moves downstairs.

I think this is a great move for Starbucks, and I do hope they open early, like 7 AM. I believe their business will increase dramatically.