CityWalk Expansion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Refresh my memory. Are Dole Whips only at DL or are they at WDW too?

No longer at the Poly since they started remodel of Captain Cooks, and it is unknown if it will return in the new location.

CityWalk Update

Highlights:
- Unknown box construction by Hollywood Drive-In Golf.
- Construction has begun for Hot Dog Hall of Fame, Menchies, and Bread Box.
- Construction continues for updated Universal Studios Store.

DSCN2453_zps1782e3ea.jpg

DSCN2455_zpsc7bf50b7.jpg

DSCN2454_zps5a47a66e.jpg

DSCN2463_zps308bf86e.jpg

DSCN2459_zps3afa2d6b.jpg

DSCN2460_zps4b74ab80.jpg

DSCN2462_zpsb086b575.jpg

DSCN2461_zps803b3dc5.jpg

DSCN2466_zps3ed58c24.jpg

DSCN2465_zps48fc64c9.jpg

DSCN2469_zps4142ff29.jpg

Reactions: natespf
I really don't understand why it's taking them so long to build the Hotdog Hall of Fame. I mean, there's really not too terribly much to do, and it's relatively out in the open, where it's more of an eyesore to see construction, so you'd think they'd try to finish it sooner...

I really don't understand why it's taking them so long to build the Hotdog Hall of Fame. I mean, there's really not too terribly much to do, and it's relatively out in the open, where it's more of an eyesore to see construction, so you'd think they'd try to finish it sooner...
If you want to feel better check out the Downtown Disney remodeling thread..

If you want to feel better check out the Downtown Disney remodeling thread..
To be fair, Disney is actually moving at a fairly decent pace, especially given the scale of the project and their recent history of build times. That said, Disney's "fast" is not a standard most want to imitate these days.

There actually is quite a lot to do where Hot Dog Hall of Fame is going. Remember, this was only a very rarely used bar, with no kitchen facilities whatsoever, so the kitchen stuff needs to go in, plus some storage for food and non-food items, and the outside area is changing quite a bit. It's coming along, but it still looks to be about 2 months or so from completion.

Ummm...what. Now that's what I call a downgrade and it looks like something from a circus. However I'll hold my final judgement until they finish it.