CityWalk Expansion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
They were supposed to run TM previews until 4, but when I got there right after 3, I was told they were done with that. Was supposed to open to the public after 5 today. Really disappointed that I missed free frozen yogurt, but some of us have to work.

For those wondering, @MenchiesORL tweeted: "Our usual hours are 10am-11pm every day of the week."

Also, the newly remodeled Universal Store in CityWalk is now open! :thumbs: It actually opened briefly last night, and as of this morning they're fully open.

Here's a picture from last night of the new store.

1795418_10152418999599330_8374876820904704469_o.jpg

From Orlando Attractions Magazine

Looks... like a gift shop. :lol: So apparently the outside will be the only real exciting thing about it but good to see it's ready to open soon.

A few things I really like about the new store are the tv screens (?) along the back wall and the SPACE! I always found the old store very cramped and the lines to check out would always run into that weird stuffed animal display in front of the counter. It looks like they've expanded back into the old storage room and extended the front.

The interior of the gift shop is a HUGE improvement over the old version! Yes, overall it's a minor thing for the resort overall, but it means it now has a comparable selection to the two main gift shops in the parks. When you compare it to the World of Disney, it's still small, but its a step in the right direction and much needed.

Does anyone know if anything for the side across from Menchie's has been earmarked for changes? In my opinion, Hart and Huntington really stands out and needs to be removed in order to get full circle for family friendly. Tattoos may be getting more mainstream but having a tattoo parlor there kind of deters from the area. I'm curious to know how much business they actually do.

Funny, I took that exact same picture today to send to my husband, who is currently consulting on a restaurant project near Weeki Wachee. So, yes, Vivo and HDHOF should be opening within a month.

Thanks for the pic, DH! :thumbs: VIVO is coming together very quickly! Looks like they definitely do not want to have those walls still up by mid-late June with the masses and the media coming.

Heard that Breadbox should be done with major construction in 2 weeks, so looking like a late june opening for that as well.