CityWalk Expansion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Just came home from a pretty great dinner at Vivo. They were pretty busy, but mostly a lot of team members who knew they were opening today.

The open kitchen is still there, in the same location, and guess who was cooking tonight? Steve Jayson! The interior is beautiful, but definitely noisy.

Other than some minor service issues (our waiter brought our salads, a few minutes later an expediter brought the same thing, server mispronouncing certain terms, or not exactly explaining things the correct way), it was really good. Fresh baked bread is brought to your table, and all tables have a bottle of olive oil for dipping. I had the roasted beet salad, delicious, and hubby had some mozzarella/cream/endive salad, also wonderful. Our entrees were the fiochetti-little purses of fresh pasta filled with gorgonzola and pears, served in brown butter sauce with walnuts, and a braised short rib stuffed ravioli. For dessert, we shared the zeppoli, which was the only disappointment. The zeppoli made from pate choux (eclair dough) and stuffed with pastry creme, instead of a doughnut-type dough stuffed with ricotta cheese. However, I did enjoy all the fresh fruits in the zabaglione sauce around it.

There is a halfway decent wine list, there could be more wines by the glass, and an assortment of beers and specialty drinks. Because I had to drive, I chose not to have any alcohol. My husband was hoping for some Italian sodas, but there were just the usual Coke products.

Looking forward to another visit, hopefully when I haven't just gotten off work, am hot, sweaty, and terribly tired, and can enjoy some wine with my meal.

Great review! Thanks so much! Sounds really good!

I also had a great dinner tonight, Chef Jayson served us personally!
We ordered 1 of everything on the menu. Best things were the carbonara pizza, squid ink pasta, fresh tagatelle, osso bucco, razor clams in linguine, and orange cake (Jayson's grandma's recipe). Nothing we had was bad, but the short rib risotto was a little over salted. Right now it's my favorite CW restaurant behind Emeril's, a little ahead of Antojitos Up.

Reactions: Felipe