What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Vivo at Orlando is very good. Food is well presented and the menu is quite interesting with lot's of variety, and dishes you don't normally see. And they make their pasta, and hang it to dry, in full view of much of the seating.

Stopped by Vivo today. People were seated and ordering, but the hostess said that they weren't open yet. She said it would be about ten days. So probably not this weekend, but next weekend. Just in time for summer peak to be over!

It is a bit sentimental, being one of the original tenants with a great location. But at the end of the day, their food was pretty mediocre... not bad, but not really notable either. Very El Torito-esque.

I'm guessing this means Antojitos will be on it's way? I do like it's atmosphere, but didn't find the food to be quite as good as expected. Certainly not bad, but I expected more. Thought a slight step up from Camocho's.

I'd love it to become a Don Cuco, which is my personal favorite Mexican dive place, which isn't all too far from USH off Riverside. It'd never happen, but fun to dream.

I actually thought Camacho’s had pretty good food. Now that it is gone, it leaves Taco Bell and Bubblebee Man's Taco Truck as the only Mexican options on property.:ack:

Thinking slightly off the cusp, and it dawns on me to how much of a renissance CW has had in the past few years.

Since 2015, we've had a lot:
  • Antojitos beginning work
  • Vivo
  • Margaritaville
  • Blaze
  • Mini Monster
  • Voodoo
  • Universal Cinema
  • Things from Another World Relocation
  • Saddle Ranch demolition
  • Menchies
  • Sephora
  • Nectar Bath
  • ET Parking Structure
  • Redone Entrance for Universal Hollywood
  • Poke Bowl
And there are sure to be things I have missed, but it goes to show how much the entertainment district of Universal Hollywood has been changing, and arguably for the better.

The redone entrance for USH brought one of the best theme park security systems in SoCal; a massive parking structure; the revitalization of the AMC Universal Cineplex; and the beginnings of bringing in things from Orlando (and also introducing Voodoo for Universal Citywalk, prior to Orlando).

If there's anything that I comment on, is that it's an exciting period of time for Universal's entertainment district. And considering we are on a road to Nintendo, I can't wait to see the new additions and changes made for the CityWalk horizon.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how Toothsome fairs. The landscape is incredibly different in Hollywood than Orlando. I almost feel like the only way for Toothsome to work would be to put it within the park.

And there are sure to be things I have missed,

We also have the opening of Dongpo Kitchen, Ludo Bird, and Sublime Gifts!

While it is one of the best in SoCal, the security checkpoint is not without its faults. Once you're at the metal detectors it's fine, but having to walk halfway around just to go through the fence is a little much. In my opinion, that part of the flow doesn't really work. Plus, it came at the expense of the wave pool outside Billabong, which, you know, was it really worth it, then?? (That was a joke.)

I almost feel like the only way for Toothsome to work would be to put it within the park.

I still think they should build a Hard Rock Hotel, vacate the restaurant on CityWalk, and transform that into Toothsome. I'm not sure if they would have to remove Samba, Cinnabon, and Wetzel's Pretzels, but I rarely see anyone actually patronizing those except for Cinnabon anyway.

The security system will be perfect once they fix the narrow walkway issue. With the type of attendance USH recieves this must be addressed soon.

OBTIE8S.jpg

We have new directories on CityWalk featuring the new logo at the bottom and Saddle Ranch totally removed from the picture. Interestingly enough, USH is listed as 1, 2 and 3 are left empty and unlisted, and numbering resumes with Billabong as 4. 48 and 51 are also missing and there are two 32s (Abercrombie and Fitch and iFly).