Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

So some new permits came in for CityWalk:
Two are described as public eating, one of which seems to be taking the Mini Monsters unit (housed right next to the closed Production Central, could be that it's actually for that store), and the other not specifying a location.
The third is described as a fast-food quick-service takeout, and I'm really unsure about this, but it looks like it's going in the Things from Another World spot? Unless there's another venue around there to the right of the AMC I'm forgetting about
Anyways, thought I'd let you guys know!

Two are described as public eating, one of which seems to be taking the Mini Monsters unit (housed right next to the closed Production Central, could be that it's actually for that store), and the other not specifying a location.
The third is described as a fast-food quick-service takeout, and I'm really unsure about this, but it looks like it's going in the Things from Another World spot? Unless there's another venue around there to the right of the AMC I'm forgetting about
Where is the link to find the permits for USH?

Can't say for sure, but last time I stopped by Citywalk, it looked like the Poke place has closed? Can anyone confirm?

Couple of updates around Citywalk... seems like the Poke place has officially closed, it's no longer listed on the directory

Most interesting, this "Box OffIce" in the old American Express/Wizards/Jon Lovitz Comedy Club entrance... sort of looks like an additional VIP/Express satellite office. But the offering of different Citywalk dining is intriguing. I notice it's only Universally owned restaurants, so no Dongpo, Johnny Rockets, Bucca, etc. But it does include Margaritaville... is that owned by Universal?

Also, a glimpse of the "still-have-a-lot-of-work-to-do" interior of Toothsome. This was easily visible from the food court deck.

When are they ever going to do something with the Samba location? And what would everyone want to see there?

Perhaps these two thoughts are related? The old Samba spot (and I'm so old it's the "Cafe Tu-Tu-Tango" spot to me, lol) is to the right of AMC.

Perhaps these two thoughts are related? The old Samba spot (and I'm so old it's the "Cafe Tu-Tu-Tango" spot to me, lol) is to the right of AMC.

The permit specifically mentioned the building Things from Another World is. Could be wrong, but I do think if it was to mention Samba; it'd mention Samba (though, what if they go for a quick-service sandwich place like Bread Box? Would definitely be interesting to see that taken from Orlando to USH's CW).

If that's the case, isn't there still technically that upstairs level above Margarittaville, where Jillian's used to be? AFAIK, it's never been developed since it closed, and I don't think Margarittaville is using it (aside from maybe storage).

If that's the case, isn't there still technically that upstairs level above Margarittaville, where Jillian's used to be? AFAIK, it's never been developed since it closed, and I don't think Margarittaville is using it (aside from maybe storage).

Pulling the IU video, but Margaritaville does have a second floor! Atleast, a staircase leading towards one.

@salismetho might be able to better share, but the permit for Things points at the specific building code number.

I mean City walk should have 1/3 if not more cut from it and Businesses moved up stairs. Many stores are wasting space for what could be theme park land.

I hope Universal after they move the tram, is open to cutting citywalk foot print and using more of the second story because most of it is empty

I mean City walk should have 1/3 if not more cut from it and Businesses moved up stairs. Many stores are wasting space for what could be theme park land.

I hope Universal after they move the tram, is open to cutting citywalk foot print and using more of the second story because most of it is empty
Agree. CityWalk is too big for it’s own good and taking up valuable space. Seems like restaurants and shops are closing all the time because they’re expensive and people just spent an arm and a leg at the park/theater. DTD occasionally suffers from the same problem.

New box office in City Walk. Internet says its a sign of pass member reservations to come because of the signage.

Yeah, I already posted about this on Monday. If you read the wording on the door, it's dining reservations for Universal owned properties. And Margaritaville. Or is that Universal owned? I asked about that, but no one has replied to it yet, so I don't know for sure.

Yeah, I already posted about this on Monday. If you read the wording on the door, it's dining reservations for Universal owned properties. And Margaritaville. Or is that Universal owned? I asked about that, but no one has replied to it yet, so I don't know for sure.
Oops should have read the posts