CityWalk Hollywood | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...Heh, that reminds me of the World of Color joke from 2010's Hanging..

It looks good, but..that shouldn't of taken that long of time. It is a bunch of fountains..

It looks good, but..that shouldn't of taken that long of time. It is a bunch of fountains..

The fountains were custom ordered. On top of that, each fountain had to be wired and connected to water individually. This fountain is a lot more complex than the previous fountain which used considerably less pumps. In the new fountain, each fountain nozzle has its own pump which meant plumbing had to be installed for each one. There's also a lot of work that went on behind the scenes. 

-CW

That looks crazy cool from above! 

Was it synced with any music? I couldn't really hear.  

Also, do we still expect them to let kids play in them again? Or is this more of a show thing now?

That looks crazy cool from above! 

Was it synced with any music? I couldn't really hear.  

Also, do we still expect them to let kids play in them again? Or is this more of a show thing now?

As of right now, it is not synced with any music. It just goes through a pre-set cycle. 

Kids will be allowed to play in the fountains once it reopens. 

-CW

Reactions: HereWeGo
Plus even more ticket kiosks installed.  Looked like a group of higher ups getting some orientation on the operation of the machines.  I would upload the photos but new site isn't allowing me to do so.  I'll update later if possible.

Thats an amazing amount of kiosks

just clutters the whole plaza

i understand the security tents, tables and barricades may be temporary, but the plaza is so cluttered it looks bad. Lets hope it's just growing pains 

(Tweet from IU)

And..the new backdrop is eerily familiar to this..

CityWalk-June-2014-2.jpg

(Photo Credit by OrlandoInformer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Supplies ready to get a lot done on this fountain.

Citywalk_022616_1.jpg

The new structure around the globe fountain looks to me to be a shade awning.  But is it a queue for tram, busses or something else?  Note some large trees have been installed already, too.

Citywalk_022616_2.jpg

I guess you can never have too many ticket kiosks.  Are their more spots to purchase tickets than there are turnstiles to enter the park???

Citywalk_022616_3.jpg

What's that black box on top of the ticket office?

Citywalk_022616_4.jpg

Reactions: William