Comcast 2nd Quarter 2023 results | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Comcast 2nd Quarter 2023 results

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They will have zero issues showcasing this is a 3rd theme park with 3 new hotels along with it. I’m not worried about attendance here, I worry about IOA and USF. Might take some people their first trip to Epic to realize they should’ve gone to UOR for a week.

Reactions: Nico
The Epic Hype Machine will be in full swing this time next year and Uni will make sure everyone knows it's a thing before Summer 2025

Don't underestimate Universal's marketing team to completely botch this lol

They will have zero issues showcasing this is a 3rd theme park with 3 new hotels along with it. I’m not worried about attendance here, I worry about IOA and USF. Might take some people their first trip to Epic to realize they should’ve gone to UOR for a week.

I don't think IOA, currently Orlando's #2 park attendance-wise for good reason, will struggle. I also think USF has the benefit of suffering from "Epcot-syndrome" and surviving as the "fan favorite" due to nostalgia and special events.

Don't underestimate Universal's marketing team to completely botch this lol
Nah. They'll be fine.
I don't think IOA, currently Orlando's #2 park attendance-wise for good reason, will struggle. I also think USF has the benefit of suffering from "Epcot-syndrome" and surviving as the "fan favorite" due to nostalgia and special events.
I'll continue my refrain in this thread of being the optimist: I don't think any of the Orlando theme parks have much to be worried about.

I think Disney has operational issues they desperately need to get sorted out, but I don't think we have to worry about an overall cratering of visitation

with each land at Epic appearing as if they could each be rented out separately w/o impacting the others, couldn't they open just Nintendo portion (if completed earlier than other areas) on its own if attendance got too low next year?

Not saying they would, just saying that Comcast seems pretty good about having a plan B up their sleeve.

with each land at Epic appearing as if they could each be rented out separately w/o impacting the others, couldn't they open just Nintendo portion (if completed earlier than other areas) on its own if attendance got too low next year?

Not saying they would, just saying that Comcast seems pretty good about having a plan B up their sleeve.

No, that's a really bad idea. Maybe during a preview session of the entire park, they can close off certain areas, but they're asking for problems if they think shuffling people through a park being built just to experience a land with 3 rides.

Last edited:
Most normal people have no idea Epic Universe is a thing
YES. Anecdotal: As I've said before, during my long April vacation at WDW we engaged many guests in conversation. None of them had any inkling of a new Universal park under construction. One group was even staying at a hotel across the street from the construction site, and had no clue the construction was Epic. At this point in time, with the exception of the Universal internet community, Epic may well be the best kept secret out there.
The Epic Hype Machine will be in full swing this time next year and Uni will make sure everyone knows it's a thing before Summer 2025
In that case, woo boy 2024 might be rough, no matter how the national economy is, since by then people WILL know. They may not even have a heavy hitter for HHN ready (when they're desperately going to need one) given the current state of productions. We're going to see some sweeeeeeeet discounts methinks.

Edit: I guess FN@F is a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheUniC6
New Parade
New Nighttime Show
New Seasonal Event

I don't see that being much of an issue for them.
The rumored Summer event?

We will see, but I think mainly it will depend on the Economy. In the US if the Feds keep raising the rates and finally cause a recession, those are not enough to draw in more guests.
Over Sea's has their own issues as well, China isn't growing like it was before, Europe is affected by a war.

I mean next summer could be better but I feel like most parks will see lower attendance next year. No way USH has more guests next year over this year, Disneyland has nothing until the end of 2024, WDW has the Splash Redo, and you listed what USF resort has. I feel like next year will be a year where parks will need some good deals or people wont show up.

I'd love to hear what others hear but when I told people I was going to Disneyland a few months back, every single person I told said "isnt' it expense?" With this economy I don't think that's the kinda mindset you want people to have, hell USH is insane for one day but many are paying it because SNW but next year they have nothinggggggg close to that level of hype.
I'm sure the rumored Summer Events will bring in some more money but don't think it will save 2024, but thats just my thoughts and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see any reason to think next year theme parks in the US have anything to offer people to get many to come back

In that case, woo boy 2024 might be rough, no matter how the national economy is, since by then people WILL know. They may not even have a heavy hitter for HHN ready (when they're desperately going to need one) given the current state of productions. We're going to see some sweeeeeeeet discounts methinks.
I think you (and Universal for that matter)significantly overvalue how many people will put off of vacation they already have planned when a new park is announced.

And HHN will be more than fine. HHN travelers travel for HHN, not the parks.

I'd love to hear what others hear but when I told people I was going to Disneyland a few months back, every single person I told said "isnt' it expense?" With this economy I don't think that's the kinda mindset you want people to have,
My man, people have been talking about how expensive theme parks are since theme parks have existed.

and southern californians complaining about high prices for disneyland [right before paying those high prices] is truly a tradition unlike any other.

*International tourism to US parks down 30%.
I think the Uk visitors have more and more financial problems due to Brexit and the rest of Europe feels the financial pressure of the on going war in Ukraine as food and energy prices have been constantly getting more and more expense resulting in everything getting more and more expensive. I wouldn't mind the heat as we are almost drowning in rain in the Netherlands but my budget is too tight to leave. Still am planning to visit Universal Orlando January 2025.

Reactions: Disneyhead

Edit: I guess FN@F is a possibility.
They would be foolish to not do a FNAF HHN house.

Cedar Fair reported a poor attendance performance for the quarter also. Plus, they noted that July is down too.....Kind of looks like this is a 2023 thing, after the post covid joyride in 2022. ....

This year is all about Cruising and All Inclusive Resorts. The prices can't be beat.

Next month, my girlfriend and I are going to a 5 star, adults only (no "knee high screaming snot monsters"), all inclusive (all the snow crab legs, Caribbean lobsters, and booze I can eat and drink) in Maya Riviera, for 5 days.

$2,400 including airfare.

Last edited: