Console Gaming (General) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
INDY LOOKS SO GOD DANG GOOD AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I think I need an Xbox.

Troy Baker has such a damn recognizable voice it almost took me out of it while watching it. I'll likely just have to get used to his voice as Indy, but he sounds so close to Ford but is off just enough where it's a little odd. Sounds like he's doing Joel a little, just not as much of a southern drawl.

Either way, looks fantastic. This is the type of game Xbox sorely needs. A single player IP game that (assumedly) is more linear than most Xbox games and is Narrative driven. That's what Playstation IPs are built on and how they have separated themselves from Xbox first party games.

He does a pretty good Harrison Ford.
He does but.....It makes me wonder why only Nolan and Try get so many big roles

Like there is noooooooo one else in the industry? It's good but I always feel like I see these voice impressing online and they don't get them because I assume they are cheaper and to me...sound even more on the nose

Reactions: Mike S
He does but.....It makes me wonder why only Nolan and Try get so many big roles

Like there is noooooooo one else in the industry? It's good but I always feel like I see these voice impressing online and they don't get them because I assume they are cheaper and to me...sound even more on the nose

I think when you consider the adaptability of the actor; it makes sense why Troy Baker, who has had countless experience with voiceover and in that of motion capture to have him on. I also think it's a way to differentiate the matter of the game, to have an actor who is considered as a "Big Bill" star jumping on to do a lead role like this.

Not giving a knock to Anthony Ingruber, but in terms of availability I would imagine Troy Baker would be jumping to get involved in as much of the process as he can.

__
Meanwhile I see people talk about the fact they got Harrison Ford to agree to do a lookalike, and that of Troy Baker doing the VO; but you know what else I think is a great thing to see? Tony Todd being a key character it seems.

Troy fits the role well. If this was a live action Disney+ show or something and they decided to go with Troy Baker as a young Indy, I’d actually call that not only outside the box casting, but GREAT casting. Troy does have a passing resemblance to Ford around that age and a natural charm.

Troy fits the role well. If this was a live action Disney+ show or something and they decided to go with Troy Baker as a young Indy, I’d actually call that not only outside the box casting, but GREAT casting. Troy does have a passing resemblance to Ford around that age.

Troy has a wit and a charm to him that feels genuinely refreshing to see when it comes to his preformances; especially if he is allowed to let loose and do things beyond what most expect. And I think when we consider how active the Wolfenstein titles have been by Machine Games; it makes sense that they'd want an actor who can put in that effort of intensity in capture-recording.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
If I were Microsoft I’d be working things out right now to keep PalWorld as a console exclusive the exact nanosecond any and all controversy about stealing from Pokémon is cleared. Heck, I’d go further and offer funding to get the game finished.

Is anyone here actually excited for Suicide Squad or are you someone like me that’s just waiting to watch a train wreck like Anthem and Marvel’s Avengers?

Reactions: mccgavin
Is anyone here actually excited for Suicide Squad or are you someone like me that’s just waiting to watch a train wreck like Anthem and Marvel’s Avengers?
Marvel’s Avengers, as a single player experience, was actually perfectly fine with a TON of free DLC. That game’s failure was more as a multiplayer game.

Marvel’s Avengers, as a single player experience, was actually perfectly fine with a TON of free DLC. That game’s failure was more as a multiplayer game.
Yeah the multiplayer part is my point. The failure of a multiplayer game from a studio that specializes in single player experiences. I hope there aren’t more of these and the industry as a whole finally learns a valuable lesson.

Another point is to stop saturating the market with live service “forever games.” Most are going to fail and only a few will ever be on top due to the very nature of how much time players have to devote to them. They’ll pick one, maybe two, and then just stay there. My game used to be Fortnite until the latest season messed up the entire locker system to the point that I quit before playing a single match. Haven’t touched it since and I don’t plan plan to as I rediscovered how much more I enjoy single player games with an actual endpoint.

Reactions: Clive and Nick
Yeah the multiplayer part is my point. The failure of a multiplayer game from a studio that specializes in single player experiences. I hope there aren’t more of these and the industry as a whole finally learns a valuable lesson.

Another point is to stop saturating the market with live service “forever games.” Most are going to fail and only a few will ever be on top due to the very nature of how much time players have to devote to them. They’ll pick one, maybe two, and then just stay there. My game used to be Fortnite until the latest season messed up the entire locker system to the point that I quit before playing a single match. Haven’t touched it since and I don’t plan plan to as I rediscovered how much more I enjoy single player games with an actual endpoint.
Yup. Some people bemoan the Naughty Dog decision to not release TLOU live service game, but I think it’s the right choice for the exact reasons you list. They’re a studio known for high quality single player experiences and few live service games make it, especially if they aren’t free.

Reactions: Jake S and Mike S
It will be dead day one

It's sad to see the team behind one of the best Batman games ever....reduced to what it is

But no one is buying that game so it will lose support real quick and pretend everything is fine...until servers close in a year or two

It will be dead day one

It's sad to see the team behind one of the best Batman games ever....reduced to what it is

But no one is buying that game so it will lose support real quick and pretend everything is fine...until servers close in a year or two
Whatever is in the pipeline now will still come because it’s already budgeted, but nothing more.

Assuming it flops, of course.

Anyone playing the new Prince of Persia? I have the demo downloaded but haven’t started it yet. I’ve seen good things about it comparing it favorably to Metroid Dread but wanted to collect some thoughts here as well.

I also know that as a fan of Metroid I should also eventually play Hollow Knight.

Anyone playing the new Prince of Persia? I have the demo downloaded but haven’t started it yet. I’ve seen good things about it comparing it favorably to Metroid Dread but wanted to collect some thoughts here as well.

I also know that as a fan of Metroid I should also eventually play Hollow Knight.
I'd also highly recommend checking out Ori and The Blind Forest if you haven't already. It's very much in the same vein as those.

I'd also highly recommend checking out Ori and The Blind Forest if you haven't already. It's very much in the same vein as those.
Yes that one too. I think the one reason I haven’t tried these other games yet is because while they may play like Metroid, they’re not Metroid. The sci-fi world and creatures is part of the reason I love it so much. Not to mention how cool Samus herself is, especially in the Dread cutscenes :love:

Bought Prince of Persia last night after enjoying the demo. I won’t be playing right away as I have other things I want to finish first. I know I could’ve waited to buy it after an inevitable price drop especially since I’m not playing right away but I wanted to support the developers. They’re the same team that made Rayman Legends and I had no problem enjoying that game for full price.