Country Bear Changes | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This angers me. After being in the park for 40+ years, now is the time guests complain about a segment of the show? Get over it! It's a classic. Let it be, people.

I've heard cuts are guaranteed.

First I'm hearing of Big Al going though.

There have been guest complaints about a song (or songs) that is allegedly offensive. Expect that song to be removed.

Big Al can't go ... you'd need a new show.

And people today are offended by any/everything. I really hate people.:mad:

I guess people are claiming 'Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford' is advocating beating children or shooting them ... in the same way they recently redid the Gaston statue for his new MK tavern because he had a gun in one hand, now he has brews in both ... because booze is available at the MK and drunks don't kill people daily in the USA.

Seriously, is there hope for society? I doubt it myself.:violin:

the thing I wonder is that wouldn't more people complain from an attraction being censored, then complain about it being offensive? Especially one that has been around for 20+ years?

Big Al can't go ... you'd need a new show.

And people today are offended by any/everything. I really hate people.:mad:

I guess people are claiming 'Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford' is advocating beating children or shooting them ... in the same way they recently redid the Gaston statue for his new MK tavern because he had a gun in one hand, now he has brews in both ... because booze is available at the MK and drunks don't kill people daily in the USA.

Seriously, is there hope for society? I doubt it myself.:violin:

WOOOOOW. Hunting is a pretty big part of Gaston's character, can't believe they'd make a stupid descision like that. As for Country Bear Jamboree, I don't think anything should be changed ESPECIALLY BIG AL!!!!!!! If the show offends you, then there's an easy, simple solution.....DON'T SEE IT!!!!!! Gawd, I'm so tired of the PC era we're living in these days....really starting to depress me.

I went on this the first time and I thought the lyrics were a bit offensive imo, it didn't really offend me but for kids and parents I thought it would. I will never go back to see this show though

Can you elaborate on why you found it offensive?

I didn't find it offensive personally but I could see where it could be offensive from the lyrics off one of the songs. It implied sex pretty much which I thought was a bit offensive for the magic kingdom :lol:. And apart from offending my visual/hearing for half an hour.

Country Bear is SIGNIFICANTLY less offensive than Splash Mountain and it's source material. I don't understand why people seem so surprised that 'Song of the South' is in the Vault indefinitely. You can say it wasn't meant to be racial all you want but they directly refer to a character as the "Tar Baby".

i always thought it was funny made such a huge attraction out of Songs of the South. Although does the Tar Baby even make an appearance in the ride? I don't remember it.

While the country is as a whole less conservative, it is far more 'politically correct' than in times past. Words or more specifically terms and certain phrases are considered taboo today, to the point of nausea.

Just bumping this thread to post some pics from OTPN where you can see the attraction is indeed closed.

jbo2cTLcP0mit4.JPG

js4LZTMtf61lL.JPG

5 minutes shorter, a lot of the dialogue between songs has been cut, the finale is extremely shorter, "Devilish Mary" and "Fractured Folk Song" completely cut, a lot of jokes have been cut, some new (and honestly bizarre) looks for the bears, "If Ya Can't Bite, Don't Growl" shortened.

I'm beyond pissed off about this. Bears was always one of "my" attractions. Ripping out a 1/3 of the show is a shameful and terrible move by Disney.

That's a shame. I never really saw this too much as it wasn't my thing, but I definitely appreciate the history/charm behind it. Disney just does not get it.