D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
Didn't the Slinky Dog coaster get a lukewarm response at the last one? Or am I thinking of something else? :lol:

Toy Story Land as a whole got a decent reception in the room. Frozen Ever After prompted a somewhat more... tepid reaction.
FEA was not announced at D23... you're thinking of the initial Fantasyland Expansion announcement. The one with all Meet & Greets and a clone of a meh Mermaid ride.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
FEA was not announced at D23... you're thinking of the initial Fantasyland Expansion announcement. The one with all Meet & Greets and a clone of a meh Mermaid ride.

I thought The Crap Kingdom (aka: make a birthday card with Cinderella) was shown off at some blogger event and had a literal reaction of "omg, that's awful" from the audience of bloggers and fanboys?

Edit: Remember Hyperion Wharf? Lol, that was dead on arrival too.

Thinking back, the Epcot pavilions (Russia, Space) are the only projects that were announced and then canceled that I recall anyone ever lamenting.

He may be confused actually with the update given for it at D23 2015; as it was present at the expo if I wasn't mistaken for that year.

Random notes:

The D23 app for iPhone has some info on various offerings and such. Nothing amazing but it's easy to look up the schedule and see what's going to be going on.

Second - Havaivanas has a booth.

Eh...? Like, yeah Sunglasses Hut has one too, but a random flip flop company?

Well, it has a higher stock price than Mitsukoshi (sponsor of the Japan pavilion) and is about the same as HP (sponsor of Mission: Space).

Not bad for a Brazilian flip flop company, eh?

I thought The Crap Kingdom (aka: make a birthday card with Cinderella) was shown off at some blogger event and had a literal reaction of "omg, that's awful" from the audience of bloggers and fanboys?

New Fantasyland was announced at D23 Expo in 2009, I vividly remember watching a video from the audience which had this wonderful moment.

EDIT: In fact, here it is! Listen at 00:37 at how excited the crowd gets when they say they're nearly doubling Fantasyland...and how quiet they quickly get seconds later.

Last edited:
Random notes:

The D23 app for iPhone has some info on various offerings and such. Nothing amazing but it's easy to look up the schedule and see what's going to be going on.

Second - Havaivanas has a booth.

Eh...? Like, yeah Sunglasses Hut has one too, but a random flip flop company?

Well, it has a higher stock price than Mitsukoshi (sponsor of the Japan pavilion) and is about the same as HP (sponsor of Mission: Space).

Not bad for a Brazilian flip flop company, eh?
Havaivanas actually is one of the biggest flip-flop brands in the world. Also they have a good relationship w/Disney through their stores at Disney Springs and DTD Anaheim.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hence my pointing out the financials as they relate to other Epcot pavilion sponsors ;)

But on that Epcot announcement rumor - call centers have too many low wage workers who have friends on the internet for us not to have heard something if this was true.

It's either not something they saw as important (and they'd see most things the way we do - maybe a bit more biased toward doubt of company claims of wonderfulness) or not a real thing at all.

Hence my pointing out the financials as they relate to other Epcot pavilion sponsors ;)

But on that Epcot announcement rumor - call centers have too many low wage workers who have friends on the internet for us not to have heard something if this was true.

It's either not something they saw as important (and they'd see most things the way we do - maybe a bit more biased toward doubt of company claims of wonderfulness) or not a real thing at all.
I'm inclined to believe it wasn't of much importance or out of the norm, but there is the possibility that they had anyone they told something too sign a NDA.

With respect to the gondolas, is that really the sort of announcement that would be made in a keynote-style presentation designed to get fans hyped? Would they use a chunk of their 90 minutes to talk about a new fleet of buses, or a new ferry?
If they at all understand Disney fans and the way that most of them share Walt's interest in transit and the world on the move, sure, I could see them devoting just a minute or so to talking about the gondolas.

Reactions: Alicia
EDIT: In fact, here it is! Listen at 00:37 at how excited the crowd gets when they say they're nearly doubling Fantasyland...and how quiet they quickly get seconds later.

"Doubling the size of fantasyland!" :clap::drool:

"To meet more of your favorite Disney princesses!" :stun::saywhat::look::blank:

oomf that hurt to watch lol.

As for the Gondolas, I wouldn't be too surprised if they made a quick announcement. Going off what @Mr. EPCOT said, gondolas are a kind of exciting mode of transportation. I think a lot of fans will be excited to approach their favorite theme park by air, and see what views that may offer.

Reactions: Alicia
Since gondolas only will serve a small amount of guests the announcement could be combined with a tease for more transportation projects if the future, namely driverless vehicles. Just them saying their working on it because Walt would have.. and then move on.

If I was to guess, we will get a window of time announced for Kingdom Hearts 3 and an announcement of a standalone KH event; similar to what was done for Final Fantasy 15.

What I'm curious about, is if we'll get some tidbits on Square Enix's Marvel deal.