D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would assume Nick would be there for some of the potential announcements that could be made that deserves an audience reaction.

That said, I'd go with the DPR panel instead, as you probably won't have to be taken away your cell phone in the process.

That's the main difference. Movie panel just like Comic-Con is more likely exclusive things that won't come out for awhile, while the parks and resorts information will come out right afterwards or during the show.

That's the main difference. Movie panel just like Comic-Con is more likely exclusive things that won't come out for awhile, while the parks and resorts information will come out right afterwards or during the show.

To not go too off topic, but in terms of major tentpole studio panels for any convention; Warner Brothers to me changed the way that it should be done.

I hope that Disney understands what they did, as the direction that Warner went for their 2016 SDCC showcase was outstanding. I hope Disney tries to do something similar to that for their Film panel, but I doubt it.

I do expect the next SW Standalone film to be announced, and that I do believe we will get some surprises for Marvel Studios and WDP for the Live action project of The Lion King and A Wrinkle in Time, I just wish they streamed those panels live, as the footage could get online anyway.

Reactions: Porkchop
Bigger press outlets are invited to the movie panel and the movie panel is always filled to capacity. That's why they do major announcements during it.

ALSO: The Star Wars Land model on Display at D23 is more accurately Disneyland's version. Even tho they're both going to be 90% identical. The model shows the Critter Country path that won't be at DHS and the front edge follows the path of the rerouted train.

Last edited:
Covered this a bit in our podcast we just did, but I expect the D23 P&R presentation to cover (in no order):
  • World wide resorts round up (Iron Man, Shanghai, Nemo, Avatar, Guardians, etc)
  • Rat
  • DVC/Gondolas
  • Fantasmic! & DLRR info
  • Club 33 at WDW
  • Star Wars deep dive
[EDIT]

Forgot one
  • Toy Story Land info and dates at SHDL and DHS

Last edited by a moderator:
Covered this a bit in our podcast we just did, but I expect the D23 P&R presentation to cover (in no order):
  • World wide resorts round up (Iron Man, Shanghai, Nemo, Avatar, Guardians, etc)
  • Rat
  • DVC/Gondolas
  • Fantasmic! & DLRR info
  • Club 33 at WDW
  • Star Wars deep dive

And I noticed that you brought up my post, and as I listen to it; I'm scared...

• Rat
  • DVC/Gondolas
  • Fantasmic! & DLRR info
  • Club 33 at WDW
  • Star Wars deep dive
[EDIT]

Forgot one

Marvel Land at DCA cough.

• Rat
  • DVC/Gondolas
  • Fantasmic! & DLRR info
  • Club 33 at WDW
  • Star Wars deep dive
[EDIT]

Forgot one

I can't see them devoting more than five minutes for a recap of all the previous new additions.

Shanghai? I see that with Toy Story Land, but I don't see them talking about Iron Man Experience, SeaRider, or Pandora.

I also can't see Fantasmic represented for Disneyland, unless if something gets announced for the Orlando version that would be an additional scene for 2018. And as for the DLRR; I don't see that mentioned at all during the keynote.

As for Club 33 at WDW, I'd imagine that'd be more of a blog like announcement that can be saved for later.

Marvel Land at DCA cough.

If the rumor of a Marvel D-Ticket family dark ride pans out true, what if it's that Ant-Man attraction for Hong Kong? I could see that be announced for DCA, if that is what is coming to replace Bugs Land and It's Tough To Be a Bug.

My predictions are fairly safe, but I'm thinking...
WDW:
- Epcot "overhaul" gets formally announced. Ratatouille coming to France, Guardians coaster replacing Energy, Innoventions overhaul, and maaybe a small tease of a new WS country.
- More info on the DHS projects. Toy Story land opening window & Star Wars Land mockups and attraction info. I have a feeling they'll announce the Star Wars hotel too. I don't think we'll hear about the Mickey attraction (if it exists) until next yaer, closer to GMR's closing.
- Gondolas. I know it's not big news, but hey, it's pretty neat that WDW is getting a new and unique transit system after all thes years.
DLR:
- Marvel Land gets formally announced, taking over Bug's Land and possibly parts of Hollywood Land. I have no idea what the rides would be, though.
Other:
- I assume we'll see at least some announcement or teases for things coming up in Tokyo, Paris, Honk Kong, and Shanghai. However, I don't know enough about these resorts to make any guesses.
- We'll likely get some cruise line info... which is also something I'm not informed about and don't really care about either.

From my experience Disney usually underwhelms at D23. Cut your expectations in half, and you should be ok.
Yes. This. Star Wars land details and Toy Story Land opening date is literally ALL I'm expecting for Florida. That way I can't be let down.

I think some websites, that will remain nameless at this time, are using the lead up to the expo to dump every single rumor they've been sitting on all at once to get clicks by readers desperate for new announcements. And it's gotten everyone in a frenzy.

Go in with low expectations. And be pleasantly surprised when, and if, they do announce something juicy.

No way. Club 33 is totally a D23-type announcement. They want their good little fanboys and girls to lose their minds over restaurants they'll probably never be able to eat in

I would legitimately be surprised if they gave it any form of fanfare at the keynote.

Honestly, I buy more to the Gondolas getting announced than Club 33.

SWL deets, TSL opening date, and a tease of the Epcot and MK changes, and a vague mention of infrastructure/transportation upgrades (gondola) all wrapped as prepping for WDW's 50th.

"And as we begin preparing for our massive 50th Celebration, we have a few surprises for all for parks, including some exciting major addition to Epcot and The MK. We are also upgrading our resort properties with new and innovative transportation options to provide the most convenient and relaxing vacation experience."

That all I see for WDW.

Last edited: