D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
I also can't see Fantasmic represented for Disneyland, unless if something gets announced for the Orlando version that would be an additional scene for 2018. And as for the DLRR; I don't see that mentioned at all during the keynote.

Mice Chat is mentioning in their new article for Fantasmic! that everyone getting into the DPR Keynote will be given fast passes for a soft opening of Fantasmic! as Soft Openings will continue throughout the weekend.

MiceChat - David Koenig, Disneyland Resort, Features - David Koenig: Fantasmic!

If that's the case, then that I can understand if it's the last thing talked about.

Reactions: Mike S
If Marvel land takes over the rest of Hollywood land, are they still going to keep the Frozen show? That would be so odd. Hopefully they would change it to like an Avengers stunt show or something.

If Marvel land takes over the rest of Hollywood land, are they still going to keep the Frozen show? That would be so odd. Hopefully they would change it to like an Avengers stunt show or something.

Allegedly Marvel is taking over Bugs Land and some parking lot.

But honestly I don't see that getting announced until after Star Wars opens

Reactions: Alicia
It seems like the smarter thing to have done would be to open Marvel land close to when SWL opens so that they can even out the crowds a little bit between the two parks. Not at the exact same time because I know that would detract from press for both of them but maybe open Marvel like 6 months before SWL since I feel like SW will be a bigger draw.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
The only thing I 100% expect to be announced is SOMETHING at Epcot. There's too much brewing for literally nothing to be announced IMO... rather it's just a Ratatouille announcement, just a Guardians/Tron announcement, a new WS pavillion, etc.

As far as anything at MK, DAK, DCA, or even anything at DHS outside of Toy Story/Star Wars... that's a lot more iffy.

The only thing I 100% expect to be announced is SOMETHING at Epcot. There's too much brewing for literally nothing to be announced IMO... rather it's just a Ratatouille announcement, just a Guardians/Tron announcement, a new WS pavillion, etc.

As far as anything at MK, DAK, DCA, or even anything at DHS outside of Toy Story/Star Wars... that's a lot more iffy.

FWIW, I still don't think there's a pavilion coming. I think Rat and UOE will be announced

Reactions: captainmoch
Infinity War will be at D23, but it will be like a 5 minute talking point. The Comic-Con Marvel panel has been confirmed to be an hour and half long. There will be a lot more details at SDCC.
That might not actually be true. Disney has really been trying to position D23 as the alternative to SDCC. I would imagine that Disney would do lots of announcements at D23 and then more of a recap at SDCC

Small update - real legit permits were just filed for Coronado's expansion (the tower and floating restaurant) and that project was announced months ago and it has been under initial site prep construction for a while.

So it just goes to show timelines can be screwy.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Small update - real legit permits were just filed for Coronado's expansion (the tower and floating restaurant) and that project was announced months ago and it has been under initial site prep construction for a while.

So it just goes to show timelines can be screwy.

And it should be taken into note, that Coronado actually recently set up a preview center, which shows 3D visuals, concept art, and a model of the hotel.

I would be thinking that they would most likely, if there is a hotel announcement; let it be for the Deep Dive.

As far as Epcot goes, I believe that Rat is for the 50th (2021). And GotG and the new WS country for Epcot's 40th (2022).

So none need to be announced at this year's D23. 2019's D23 would suffice.

Reactions: SeventyOne