D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
New Fantasyland was announced at D23 Expo in 2009, I vividly remember watching a video from the audience which had this wonderful moment.

EDIT: In fact, here it is! Listen at 00:37 at how excited the crowd gets when they say they're nearly doubling Fantasyland...and how quiet they quickly get seconds later.

So so so painful.

I haven't seen that presentation in a while- as underwhelming as NFL is, dear lord it could have been so much worse.
Then again- I don't know how much worse it actually was.

7D instead of Cindy/Aurora certainly a win
Princess Hall instead of Snow white certainly a loss
A Tent instead of Pixie Hollow also a loss IMO

7D in its original form, Pixie Hollow and refreshing Snow white would have been a much better land... but alas.

Huh? You think Universal needs more action than is currently happening?

Sorry I should have elaborated. I agree with others who say I want all parks to do well as I enjoy them all for different reasons.

What I meant in this instance is I hope it springs Universal into better action. I won't deny they are investing heavily, but their output in the past 2-3 years has struck me as complacently lazy. They can't do that now the beast has awoken.

I know better things are rumoured, I'm merely talking about their additions since Diagon to 2018.

Reactions: Andysol
A thought...

If they can get the gondolas open by next year (entirely possible knowing the contracted company for it) then they'd majorly up the allure of Pop, AoA, and what's left of CB. So may that expects an influx?

I don't remotely see how that could work and be any good. Unless you're a new hero trying to save the Avengers or something.
Maybe not but the new Spider-Man is supposed to be I believe. Don't see why it couldn't work with choosing a member and having missions, but ability to take down side villains and such.

Reactions: Porkchop
Maybe not but the new Spider-Man is supposed to be I believe. Don't see why it couldn't work with choosing a member and having missions, but ability to take down side villains and such.

I don't want to get too far into the weeds with gaming talk, but a solo Spider-Man open world game, like a solo Batman open world game, works because the game design can be tailored to the characters' specific skill set. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk have such wildly different play styles that I'm not sure how you design a good game around the ability to play as all four.

1. Any hotel that can take me to the parks without having to ride a bus automatically becomes more of a desired hotel for me and my family for my next vacation.

2. The Star Wars hotel thing sounds freaking incredible. I wish that Universal would do the same thing with a Back to the Future hotel. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Remember that the P&R presentation is for ALL parks not just WDW.
Yep, there will be a lot of things left unannounced. D23 isn't Disney's only outlet to announce a new ride... they can do that whenever they want.

This is the stuff they really want to make a big deal about for the immediate future.

Yep, there will be a lot of things left unannounced. D23 isn't Disney's only outlet to announce a new ride... they can do that whenever they want.

This is the stuff they really want to make a big deal about for the immediate future.
They also want to put on a good show for all those dollars they have collected from the D23 folk @Mike S , how is your trip so far? Lunch with Chappie yet?

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
I'm going to D23 on Saturday only. I'm gonna try to get there early and get in line for the movie presentation and risk not making the parks presentation... although I think I should be able to make it if I get in line as soon as the movie panel gets out.

Either way, should be fun!