Daredevil: Born Again | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Daredevil: Born Again

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
She did great in the other shows

but if they don’t have a “role” for her then I’d rather that then get just her there

now if she is fine with just being there but not part of the story then cool come back but I’m sure DD is more about setting up other super hero characters this time around then setting up normal people

could be wrong but seeing how the last few movies are about setting up more heroes think that’s the new trend for a while

Rumor is Chapek was willing to let this show be TV-MA, but Iger is non-committal about that so far and meetings are still being had to determine how far they will push it. Unfortunate if true.

That was definitely the thing I had grown to like most about Chapek was his willingness to let the Disney brand finally grow up going forward, but with Iger back, things will probably shift back to how he viewed the company and he was not fond of Marvel or any of the core brands having mature/R content (outside of Deadpool 3, which he did comment on and commit to as R all the way back in 2019).

If this carries any weight, we could quietly see the Marvel Zombies series shelved (or toned down).

lol

This is why I don't like Iger that much....what a guy. You buy Fox and more mature stuff just to not use it to the fullest...

Also thought Kevin was in charge of the MCU not some guy in a suit who doesn't know these characters

lol

This is why I don't like Iger that much....what a guy. You buy Fox and more mature stuff just to not use it to the fullest...

Also thought Kevin was in charge of the MCU not some guy in a suit who doesn't know these characters
When Iger says "in charge of" he means they get to create what they want and send it to either Disney+ or theaters at their choosing. But they only get to create what they want to a certain point. After all, Feige still does report to Iger. He has a lot more control in Iger's structure no doubt.

I do think it should be stressed this is a rumor and not confirmed in any way.

Rumor is Chapek was willing to let this show be TV-MA, but Iger is non-committal about that so far and meetings are still being had to determine how far they will push it. Unfortunate if true.

That was definitely the thing I had grown to like most about Chapek was his willingness to let the Disney brand finally grow up going forward, but with Iger back, things will probably shift back to how he viewed the company and he was not fond of Marvel or any of the core brands having mature/R content (outside of Deadpool 3, which he did comment on and commit to as R all the way back in 2019).

If this carries any weight, we could quietly see the Marvel Zombies series shelved (or toned down).

For what it's worth: KC Walsh is dismissing Grace Randolph (She is the only one who is speaking of this)'s claims. Iger even talked about that in an earnings call:

On a call with investors, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger said that Disney will continue to make R-rated Deadpool movies and other adult-oriented Marvel adventures after it absorbs much of Fox. “We will continue in that business,” promised Iger, adding, “There's certainly popularity” with those types of films.

For what it's worth: KC Walsh is dismissing Grace Randolph (She is the only one who is speaking of this)'s claims. Iger even talked about that in an earnings call:
I don't think that's necessarily disputing the claim. Iger said this stuff in 2019 and as I said in my post above, he was only committal about Deadpool 3 (and of course he said Fox would continue making R-rated content because that's what they do). I believe he approved Prey and many other R-rated Fox movies of the past few years.

We'll see what happens. I haven't seen TV-MA Daredevil yet in the MCU and will remain skeptical until I see it happen.

It's going to be hard to live up to the other series, people loved it because it felt very mature like more Andor. But he was literally the best part of She Hulk and didn't have to be bloodly to be badass, so I'll wait and see it before I get worried

Reactions: Nick
With the good news comes the bad... it's possible they simply aren't using Karen and Foggy in this series.

With the good news comes the bad... it's possible they simply aren't using Karen and Foggy in this series.

I'd like them to return but the Universe is soooo big and I'm sure we will see many characters enter DD show, so I get it focus on the hero's vs paying people who can't be in the next Avengers or Defender film. I'm sure they will show up one day but I get it they are focusing on core characters for the next events, and I hope it pays off

I'm very mad at this. Terrible.
Plus the stunt guy for daredevil in Netflix said Disney didn't hire him because they are doing the fights with cgi or something....
No no noooo...nonono

Maybe cgi fights are faster and cheaper, or easier or something. ( Disney has a lot of experience by now. )
But it made me sad to hear that the stunt guy wasn't hired at all. I mean, ALL the fights cgi? Or maybe the show won't have as many fights?

Maybe cgi fights are faster and cheaper, or easier or something. ( Disney has a lot of experience by now. )
But it made me sad to hear that the stunt guy wasn't hired at all. I mean, ALL the fights cgi? Or maybe the show won't have as many fights?
They did do CGI Daredevil for the hallway fight in She-Hulk. I’d love to know the actual quote because it sounds like “guy who didn’t get hired says a thing to cause outrage and get people on his side” to me.