Daredevil: Born Again | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Daredevil: Born Again

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure this is anyone standing in solidarity so much as Disney and WBD not wanting to continue to waste money with shoots getting shut down over and over by striking writers. Had they continued, the budgets for these shows would've ballooned out of control (and Daredevil at least probably already has a huge budget).

Say goodbye to Spring 2024 for this show.

Disney you'd think would want this strike done but they seem to really want to keep "the power" while losing soooo much money....every MCU film that moves is one less film to make them money and each film makes a half a billion...so man must be nice to be fine with missing out on all the money for no reason...since we all know the strike will end one day

Disney you'd think would want this strike done but they seem to really want to keep "the power" while losing soooo much money....every MCU film that moves is one less film to make them money and each film makes a half a billion...so man must be nice to be fine with missing out on all the money for no reason...since we all know the strike will end one day
It’s not just up to Disney to end it though. By all accounts I’ve heard, the main issue is coming from Netflix (although Disney is not innocent either).

An actual MCU project that I’m FINALLY looking forward to seeing?

I would normally be cynical with anything the MCU nowadays but the fact that reborn has *allegedly* been scrapped completely and starting fresh is a very good sign they’re taking this seriously.
A good thing that came from the strike. It allowed them time to assess their projects. It seems they realized if they’re doing Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, any of that, they have to stop playing coy with the “is the Netflix stuff canon or not” and just commit. I hope we see at least Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter again as Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Maybe not in this series, but at some point. I do feel like there’s a place for Jessica Jones in a 18 episode show like this though.

Reactions: Nico
A good thing that came from the strike. It allowed them time to assess their projects. It seems they realized if they’re doing Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, any of that, they have to stop playing coy with the “is the Netflix stuff canon or not” and just commit. I hope we see at least Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter again as Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Maybe not in this series, but at some point. I do feel like there’s a place for Jessica Jones in a 18 episode show like this though.
I just want this show to acknowledge Netflix Daredevil as cannon and I just want it to be GOOD and GRITTY. So those and I’ll be a happy man.

Reactions: saint.piss
They just made all the defenders shoes canon

I think fans also really pushed for these actors to come back

They just made all the defenders shoes canon

I think fans also really pushed for these actors to come back
Yeah, it was officially made canon so I’m hoping that they’ll almost treat this like a show that is getting a new season after ending at one point before. A sort of soft reboot where they can still talk about events that happened in the original series.

Wonder if they dial back on it being a 25 episode season or whatever the count was.

Get DareDevil in a movie as soon as possible, Peter needs some friends haha.

Dark Avengers Assemble ?

What a 180 they did from this show being a generic ABC legal drama , the fans won !
Seriously. It’s as if Disney is so panicked from all of the L’s they’re taking and they’re finally like “Hey um…maybe it’s time we do everything the fans want us to do this time?”

Wow. Giving paying customers what they want. What a novel concept! If this turns out to be good, I just might restart my Disney + account again. At least just to watch this.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Ahmanet
It seems pretty clear that the characters from the Netflix shows are considered canon now so we probably won’t see too many recastings. Now there is a situation where, Cottonmouth, for example, would need to be recast if they get to him because Mahershala Ali is now Blade.

It seems pretty clear that the characters from the Netflix shows are considered canon now so we probably won’t see too many recastings. Now there is a situation where, Cottonmouth, for example, would need to be recast if they get to him because Mahershala Ali is now Blade.
Well isn’t technically Ethan Hawk both Crossbones and another character on the show? They miiiiiight be able to get away with keeping both roles but they might have to recast Cottonmouth.