Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH)

Here is the official FAA NOTAM for Burbank Airport for the UAS at USH.

UAS = Unmanned Aircraft Systems
USH = really?

7711B122-F7DC-488C-9D31-06CF1A7028C5.jpeg

Translation: Burbank Airport Airspace Unmanned Aircraft Systems within an area defined as 1/2 nautical mile wide 3.7 nautical miles south of Burbank Airport Surface Level to 400 ft Above Ground Level Daily 6:00PM - 04:00AM March 20, 2019 - April 29, 2019

Did we nail this in last months podcast or what???

Last edited:

I can't wait I am out here to do the Dark Arts Event and also will be watching it on its opening night. I am excited to see this, plus with the music this seems to be a good and exciting show. Especially can't wait to see this pyro, kind of seen some last night from the hotel since I am at the Hilton right by the park with a park view.

I can't wait I am out here to do the Dark Arts Event and also will be watching it on its opening night. I am excited to see this, plus with the music this seems to be a good and exciting show. Especially can't wait to see this pyro, kind of seen some last night from the hotel since I am at the Hilton right by the park with a park view.

Very cool! If you want to see close up testing, head to the top of the Curious George lot a few after after park closing. FANTASTIC view of the drones from there.

Just curious, does anyone know why there are those random sections in May and June where they aren't performing the show?

Grad n

Some sort of grad nights?
There will be some grad nights, but I don't think that's why there won't be any light shows. The park just probably won't be busy enough to justify staying open late enough to do the show. In spring/summer, it doesn't get dark enough to do the show until, like, 7:30 or 8:00. If the park is empty, it doesn't make sense to pay to staff it for an extra 3+ hours just to squeeze in one or two light shows.

Actors were cut a long time ago... We heard a few Senior directors speak at the TM preview tonight. USH was apparently monitoring the wind from many locations and was not able to fly tonight.

Only two effects were cut tonight.
1. Fire effects within FJ extended queue
2. Drone patronus charm.

Even without them, it was a great show. With them, it will be amazing. The fog effects were insane.

Actors were cut a long time ago... We heard a few Senior directors speak at the TM preview tonight. USH was apparently monitoring the wind from many locations and was not able to fly tonight.

Only two effects were cut tonight.
1. Fire effects within FJ extended queue
2. Drone patronus charm.

Even without them, it was a great show. With them, it will be amazing. The fog effects were insane.
Sounds like a good show! How windy was it that they couldn’t use the drones AND fire? How did the fog work in the wind? I’m scared Saturday night won’t be the full experience.