Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yup. Though in all honesty...I need Disney to show me they're actually going to use these things in WDW. I feel they will, and I hope they will...but the Dark Side clouds everything.

Yea. I totally get when people hold their reservations on the acquistion if they just care about when it's coming to the theme park, but saying this is nowhere close to Potter, or that it will flop is asinine.

Yea. I totally get when people hold their reservations on the acquistion if they just care about when it's coming to the theme park, but saying this is nowhere close to Potter, or that it will flop is asinine.
It's the same as the looney toons on the other side saying that Universal might as well stop construction on Transformers and that Potter is swatted just by the announcement of Episode 7. It's insanity.

It didn't take long for both sides to start spewing their idiotic filth. At least I was able to enjoy the euphoria before they got started.

It's the same as the looney toons on the other side saying that Universal might as well stop construction on Transformers and that Potter is swatted just by the announcement of Episode 7. It's insanity.

It didn't take long for both sides to start spewing their idiotic filth. At least I was able to enjoy the euphoria before they got started.

Like I tweeted earlier, I had to defend both Star Wars and Harry Potter in the past 24 hours. The world is broken.

I consider myself a big fan of both Disney and Uni. It really depends on the mood I'm in to decide which one I would rather go to (not that I get to pick often at all) but aren't Disney fans just kind of nanananabooing about something that isn't even that huge compared to the main focus of the discussion boards? It almost seems like they've just gotten desperate to clap for King Mickey, and stick their tongue out to Uni, and blow everything way out of proportion. In my opinion additions to either park help both parks, since a lot of people take vacations and do everything in Orlando (something I have long dreamed of), so why can't this be a double positive?

Reactions: JungleSkip
I consider myself a big fan of both Disney and Uni. It really depends on the mood I'm in to decide which one I would rather go to (not that I get to pick often at all) but aren't Disney fans just kind of nanananabooing about something that isn't even that huge compared to the main focus of the discussion boards? It almost seems like they've just gotten desperate to clap for King Mickey, and stick their tongue out to Uni, and blow everything way out of proportion. In my opinion additions to either park help both parks, since a lot of people take vacations and do everything in Orlando (something I have long dreamed of), so why can't this be a double positive?

EXACTLY. Great post.

Disney fans are desperate for excitement and Universal fans are sitting a little more uneasy on their throne knowing the potential if Disney is willing to play ball.

Most of us here are super excited, but uneasy about the relatity of TDO spending money on this anytime soon :pray:

The Clone Wars was a big letdown for me , and I didnt get too excited by any of the other newer ones either. unless they can rework some of the magic of the original, i dont see much in this upcoming film.

The Clone Wars was a big letdown for me , and I didnt get too excited by any of the other newer ones either. unless they can rework some of the magic of the original, i dont see much in this upcoming film.

So because you didn't care of it, it's going to be a flop?

Who's your drug dealer? :lol:

If I had to guess, I'd say he looks a lot like this dude:

300px-Lordvoldemort.jpg

well unless they can be more innovative than they were in the other new ones, then it will be a flop.

Seriously...if a new, live action Star Wars movie flops financially, I will proclaim you king of the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess, I'd say he looks a lot like this dude:

300px-Lordvoldemort.jpg

Voldy and the Emperor would get along swimmingly. Until they tried to kill each other, that is.

If Episode VII was titled "Watch the Jedi Rape Younglings", there will still be people camped out in front of theaters for a week.

well unless they can be more innovative than they were in the other new ones, then it will be a flop.

My guess is that they will be........one good thing for Disney is that Episode VII actually follows Return of the Jedi rather than the newer movies........sorta starting fresh.:smiley:

No one is saying its going to be a flop (money wise), people are saying its not the best idea. For example, I don't care if its Disney or Universal or Paramount, etc
(although Disney has a bad track record of SEQUELS of non kid films) who has the rights to SW, I don't want to see another movie. It happens time after time companies just keep bringing out new films of old classics and the majority of the time they never live up to their name. Also there is no need for more sequels, there are no questions that need to be answered, there is no need. The only reason they do this kind of thing is money. It would be a similar situation if Universal made a new BTTF movie, there is just no need for it.

Although when it comes to the park I doubt HS will get anything, I see DL getting something but not the WDW property.

Last edited:
No one is saying its going to be a flop (money wise), people are saying its not the best idea. For example, I don't care if its Disney or Universal or Paramount, etc
(although Disney has a bad track record of SEQUELS of non kid films) who has the rights to SW, I don't want to see another movie. It happens time after time companies just keep bringing out new films of old classics and the majority of the time they never live up to their name. Also there is no need for more sequels, there are no questions that need to be answered, there is no need. The only reason they do this kind of thing is money. It would be a similar situation if Universal made a new BTTF movie, there is just no need for it.

Although when it comes to the park I doubt HS will get anything, I see DL getting something but not the WDW property.

Actually yes. People on here did say it will flop. Secondly... Sequels to Star Wars are a bit different. Lucas always said he envisioned 7-9 during the 80's. It's not like Disney said "Hey, lets acquire LucasFilm to make more." Plus, there are many questions that would be great if they answered. Did Luke restart the Jedi Order and restore it back to the glory days? Is anyone upset the Empire was defeated? It goes on...