Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Gondola cars will be continuously moving... i'm not sure that we know that far into detail as to if the station will have a moving walkway or not though.

Has something changed? The systems that have been rumored has the cable keep moving, but the cars have the ability to stack.

Has something changed? The systems that have been rumored has the cable keep moving, but the cars have the ability to stack.

Nothing has changed. Just people speculating.

I don't think there are any gondola systems where they have a moving sidewalk or turntable - the vehicles just slow down or stop to load. They reattach to the main line when they're ready to go.

Nothing has changed. Just people speculating.

I don't think there are any gondola systems where they have a moving sidewalk or turntable - the vehicles just slow down or stop to load. They reattach to the main line when they're ready to go.

Yeah, these are pics of a Doppelmeyr system with cars that look a whole lot like the concept art, and they show stacking which would eliminate the need for a moving walkway.

4532_1_gr.jpg

Accessibility-Doppelmayr.png

Reactions: Teebin
Must be filling in the sinkhole so they can anchor that end of the cable ;)

It's really weird to see, because that area of the park isn't at the natural ground level. It's built up so that the whole crescent lake area can exist. So amid all these things sitting on hills, there's suddenly a giant pit in the ground.

It's really weird to see, because that area of the park isn't at the natural ground level. It's built up so that the whole crescent lake area can exist. So amid all these things sitting on hills, there's suddenly a giant pit in the ground.
Yeah, with the road and the canal below it they must have measured twice and dug once to avoid making a boo boo

I would guess that is where the counterweight is going. It will require a fairly deep pit (as well as a sizable foundation).

Wonder if this will drive up the prices at the resorts with access to this. It's just such a cool method of transportation to the parks and back to your hotel.

Word on the street was the removal of the Deluxe, Moderate, and Value categories and instead group resorts by region and then offer a mix of room types at various price points.

I started to wonder why it was taking so long but then remembered that it was Disney. In all honesty, it seems like it takes a long time from ground clearing to actual vertical construction but maybe it's due to the type of ground/soil that they are working with. Or I simply don't know enough about construction.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Word on the street was the removal of the Deluxe, Moderate, and Value categories and instead group resorts by region and then offer a mix of room types at various price points.
Yep, and part of removing those categories involves offering slightly better amenities to existing resorts to drive up the price. Not only does the Skyliner have an expansion planned, but there's also a completely different mode of transport being considered for the DAK area.

Reactions: randompixel
I started to wonder why it was taking so long but then remembered that it was Disney. In all honesty, it seems like it takes a long time from ground clearing to actual vertical construction but maybe it's due to the type of ground/soil that they are working with. Or I simply don't know enough about construction.

Taking so long? Wasn't this just announced 3 months ago? :lol:

Reactions: SkiBum