Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I worked there the only usual times the lines would get backed up is 1) One park's closing time was earlier than another (Like HHN, we'd back up in Kings Cross). 2) Trying to get over for a timed event or 3) a concert.
So basically anytime it was being primarily used for transportation versus as an attraction.

So basically anytime it was being primarily used for transportation versus as an attraction.
Yes, as in whenever everyone decided to use it at once. Just like any other transportation system. And even then the amount of people moved was pretty amazing

Yes, as in whenever everyone decided to use it at once. Just like any other transportation system. And even then the amount of people moved was pretty amazing
This will not be comparable even to HE as the hourly capacity will be much higher for the Skyliner. The amount of people it will be able to move within one hour will be equal to roughly 50-60 bus loads.

Which is why this system is getting built. As long as this system is working efficiently and is constantly moving, much like the peoplemover, lines won't get too long and they can also virtually stop bus traffic to ALL Gondola resorts. The plan is to only run buses to those resorts when the system has to shut down.

Reactions: natespf
Disney Dish reporting that Skyliner will have on-board air conditioning. And that the capacity could be up to 16 per gondola (with standing room).

Along with many other "facts" that do not line up with either the plans or what experts such as @Liftblog have posted. Seems they have their wires crossed again.....
You would think they might go look at the Doppelmayr order showing what they will deliver....

Reactions: HPFred
Disney Dish reporting that Skyliner will have on-board air conditioning. And that the capacity could be up to 16 per gondola (with standing room).

I don't trust a single word of that based on not only what we've heard from LiftBlog and Disney Insiders, but also based on that we've actually SEEN one of these cabins on the road. It had customized things like UV Protective glass, but otherwise, was very small (no way could fit 16, a monorail cabin barely does) and didn't have an AC unit on top like one would if it had it.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I've had a thought after reading about security in the other thread. Will security for this be before or after?
At Epcot it looks like it’s after you disembark, same as the Friendship boats that dock at International Gateway.

For all stations it will be inside the security bubble as you will go through security before boarding the gondola. Security at the international gateway will be moved back as well as an expanded entrance.
That makes sense, thanks.

Reactions: Nick
I think the lack of air conditioning isn’t really going to be a big deal. I could see a system that blasts cold air into the cabins as they’re in the station and as long as the windows are heavily tinted with air flow, it should be more than bearable as it will only be a 5min journey.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think the lack of air conditioning isn’t really going to be a big deal. I could see a system that blasts cold air into the cabins as they’re in the station and as long as the windows are heavily tinted with air flow, it should be more than bearable as it will only be a 5min journey.

Have you been to Orlando in August? A blast of cold air ain't gonna do squat

Reactions: NuteGunrayWasFramed
Pretty much all Gondola's in use around the world don't have a/c LiftBlog over at WDWMagic has said that its very rare for them to use a/c in the Gondola's