Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Unless the people working on it currently are going to be working permanently after construction has finished, then this would be the first 'job opening' in the traditional sense.

The people building the Potter coaster aren't going to be operating it for example.
I actually know a couple of the CMs on the project. They've been with the project since the start and will continue after it's opened.

I really don't see the issue with the gondola being too hot. Heck, people used to line up to ride the sky ride between Tomorrow Land & Fantasy Land. That moved kind of slow so it took a while to get from point A to Point B. Many parks still have those operating in the summer heat (BGW, Cedar Point etc), and they're usually packed with people.

These things are enclosed not open.

The airflow will also be coming up from the bottom of the cabin, so it will feel cooler than the actual air temp is.

We aren’t making things up here. Other very similar, if not hotter, climates use this same system (Brazil, Hong Kong) and it works just fine with no AC.

As long as the cars are moving they'll have air flow. I dread the thought of the ride stopping in the hot sun. The monorails have the same problem if the power goes out and the air stops flowing which is why they are equipped with removable windows in the event of a breakdown. I'd guess these gondolas will have removable windows as well in case of breakdown.

As long as the cars are moving they'll have air flow. I dread the thought of the ride stopping in the hot sun. The monorails have the same problem if the power goes out and the air stops flowing which is why they are equipped with removable windows in the event of a breakdown. I'd guess these gondolas will have removable windows as well in case of breakdown.

I think this is the big concern people have. If the motors fail, they should still be able to pull the cars back into the station via a back up system before people cook to death in a greenhouse. Pick up your FP and exit through the gift shop.

Actually, I wonder if there will be a way for people to skip the queues for this.

I think this is the big concern people have. If the motors fail, they should still be able to pull the cars back into the station via a back up system before people cook to death in a greenhouse. Pick up your FP and exit through the gift shop.

I'm sure there will be backup power for this, the problem is if it takes ~10 minutes or so for it to kick in (which is often the case with stops on these things). It only takes a couple of minutes for people to panic and start calling 911 or worse.

Cable Preparations are underway:
disney-skyliner-cable-guide-hollywood-studios-11072018-1.jpg

disney-skyliner-cable-guide-hollywood-studios-11072018-6.jpg

PHOTOS: Preparations Underway to Install Cables at Hollywood Studios Disney Skyliner Station - Blog Mickey