Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe those are smaller than the gondolas being used for the Skyliner. Doppelmayr's brochure they were handing out shows the larger gondolas in use with an ECV boarding one:
DsNAipIVsAAn73u.jpg:large

As mentioned before these exist elsewhere in the world without issues. Korea, California, Bolivia, South Africa, Nepal, Singapore, China, Algeria, Georgia and many more. Many of these places have climate and weather as extreme as Florida or worse.

Also I've just seen these new D-Line versions listed on their site, do we think Disney went for this version? Multimedia screen roofs sound cool.

NEW: D-Line | Products

Reactions: Nick and Scott W.
Disney Confirms There Will be No Air Conditioning in the Disney Skyliner Gondola Cabins - Blog Mickey

Yeah good luck. Last time WDI designed for this we got the DLR monorails that routinely need to shut down in the summer due to heat.

Challenge anyone to drive around orlando in August with just their windows down.
Why are you posting this and like this is something we didn’t know about a year ago? I think we’be had this conversation one or two times. I’m willing to bet at the end of the day this will be a non-issue.

As mentioned before these exist elsewhere in the world without issues. Korea, California, Bolivia, South Africa, Nepal, Singapore, China, Algeria, Georgia and many more. Many of these places have climate and weather as extreme as Florida or worse.
People like to believe in the end of the world though.

I’ll also add about the driving with windows down thing.... I’m in Cozumel right now and it was about 90 degrees today. Every car/taxi in the area drives with windows down from what I can tell and it feels beautiful. So yes, I can imagine exactly how it will feel inside these cabins.

If the gondolas are stopped, it will be hot.
Now this is true.

The system shouldn’t need to stop often at all, however. It can handle winds, rain, etc. It will likely need to stop in the summer about once a day for the daily thunderstorms, if lightning is close enough. It can run in lightning, but will need to stop when it gets too close.

Now this is true.

The system shouldn’t need to stop often at all, however. It can handle winds, rain, etc. It will likely need to stop in the summer about once a day for the daily thunderstorms, if lightning is close enough. It can run in lightning, but will need to stop when it gets too close.

So, we should expect that they stop boarding and empty the remaining cars that come through? I wonder if the empty cabins will still be allowed to circulate in any weather short of a hurricane?

So, we should expect that they stop boarding and empty the remaining cars that come through? I wonder if the empty cabins will still be allowed to circulate in any weather short of a hurricane?
I expect if they can see bad weather coming at them, they will shut down prematurely if they think it would cause a delay in service. This would mean everyone finishing arriving st their destinations, but no longer allowing further boarding (for a period of time) once passengers get off. I expect this mostly because I think they will want actual evacuations from the Skyliner be a rare occurrence.

I expect if they can see bad weather coming at them, they will shut down prematurely if they think it would cause a delay in service. This would mean everyone finishing arriving st their destinations, but no longer allowing further boarding (for a period of time) once passengers get off. I expect this mostly because I think they will want actual evacuations from the Skyliner be a rare occurrence.

This could have a strange knock on effect for MM+

How are they planning on doing evacuations? Do they just have to bring a cherry-picker to each individual gondola?

How are they planning on doing evacuations? Do they just have to bring a cherry-picker to each individual gondola?

I imagine that an evacuation is the very last resort. Even if there is power failure or the engines fail, there will be a clutch that can override the engine with a backup generator that should still be able to bring the gondolas back to the station.