Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It really all depends on what kind of finish they use. DensGlass is used for Dryvit and concrete finishes, plywood for siding or anything that would be screwed or nailed to the outside.
ETA: my guess is they will use a metal like siding to match the wheelhouse for the gondola?

Reactions: Teebin and Scott W.

tenor.gif

This one's red I think:

With that being the one they use for testing hanging it on a forklift I expect it will need a new wrap before it sees service.
Maybe this week the storage will get many, many additions as they are trucked from JAX. Might be worth a trip over to see what can be seen...

Reactions: tankart150
So will they just be hanging out in the wide open and testing until this thing opens? What happens at the end of the day when service ends, do they sit up there hanging or do they all come in to storage?

So will they just be hanging out in the wide open and testing until this thing opens? What happens at the end of the day when service ends, do they sit up there hanging or do they all come in to storage?
Currently, I believe that the Gondola cabins that have been placed into stations are hanging out there currently. The system, while it is running, is in the testing phase, so they aren't just sending Gondolas on there way from station to station yet.

Presumably they just stay where they are: in the air, station etc. I would imagine it would be to costly and time consuming to remove them all and reinstall them nightly/morning.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Presumably they just stay where they are: in the air, station etc. I would imagine it would be to costly and time consuming to remove them all and reinstall them nightly/morning.
When the system is up and running, I believe all gondolas will go back each night. They will then start circulating the system in the morning to get Gondolas to each station, which will take about 5 minutes.

When the system is up and running, I believe all gondolas will go back each night. They will then start circulating the system in the morning to get Gondolas to each station, which will take about 5 minutes.
Interesting and I could see the benefits of operating the system in such a manner. All of my experience with gondolas has been on mountains nothing in the transportation side of it.

If they go into a central storage, I assume that this means that they can redirect how many gondolas are on each route?