Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they go into a central storage, I assume that this means that they can redirect how many gondolas are on each route?
Theoretically, yes. I imagine they'll get most of that type of stuff sorted out rather quickly though and they likely shouldn't need to play around with that too much. Especially since the loading procedure here will be much like loading Forbidden Journey or any omnimover... it'll be so continuous that there really should never be a need to mess with things.

I’m not the biggest fan of characters on all of these, but I know people will eat it up. I personally would’ve preferred a more simplistic design with small Disney touches.

I’m not the biggest fan of characters on all of these, but I know people will eat it up. I personally would’ve preferred a more simplistic design with small Disney touches.

Individually, I think they’re good but I would have preferred more consistency across the board. These will make for easy billboards for future movies.

A couple of hours work and about 20 bucks for a temporary vinyl wrap.

I actually think I'll enjoy the gondolas more than some of the park's rides. I always liked the sky gondolas that most parks had in the past century, and a few like BGW still have. This is a longer version that should have some awesome views, and serve as transport to boot.I'm looking forward to riding these a lot when I'm at AA resort in November.

I actually think I'll enjoy the gondolas more than some of the park's rides. I always liked the sky gondolas that most parks had in the past century, and a few like BGW still have. This is a longer version that should have some awesome views, and serve as transport to boot.I'm looking forward to riding these a lot when I'm at AA resort in November.

It's going to become part of the experience for visiting DHS and Epcot for a lot of people, no different that getting on the boat or monorail for the MK.

November sounds good but I will still take one of those personal misters with me ;)

November sounds good but I will still take one of those personal misters with me ;)
Should be cool enough then. Added plus: Might be the only new "attraction" I get to ride considering how tight fastpasses are still for FOP (whose lines are even longer now, guess some 'capacity issues' are cropping up) , Mickey & Minnie will be super hard to get, and Star Wars, even if it's open, will require signing over your first born to get a fastpass. ....So, the Gondolas may be the new attraction highlight by default. :):lol:

Should be cool enough then. Added plus: Might be the only new "attraction" I get to ride considering how tight fastpasses are still for FOP (whose lines are even longer now, guess some 'capacity issues' are cropping up) , Mickey & Minnie will be super hard to get, and Star Wars, even if it's open, will require signing over your first born to get a fastpass. ....So, the Gondolas may be the new attraction highlight by default. :):lol:
Just spring for the 12K tour.......
Or just go to Uni, I hear they might have a cool new coaster open...

Never doubted it and a drink at Strongwater might be in the mix. Great time for sitting on the patio.
Yep. I'll be there in May also. We're staying on that side of the resort this vacation, Royal Pacific & Cabana Bay split , so there will be plenty of trips to my fav theme park/hotel/resort bar restaurant.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Agreed. The peoplemover is one of my favorite rides simply because of the relaxation aspect of it and I think this will be similar, except with some cool views of the resort.

Am interesting thought/question do they have to test the cabins and system with weights inside the cabins like they do with coasters?
I would think once they get all the cabins online and run a few cycles they will load the line with water dummies and cycle it to be sure there are no surprises. They use rocks at ski resorts. Liftblog would be able to provide documentation about this.