Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s what I thought so thank you for the confirmation, would make sense to eliminate any and all potential issues before GP Would be allowed on. Would it also be used to “test the limit” so to speak so they know what range they could operate in before the system bogs down?

That’s what I thought so thank you for the confirmation, would make sense to eliminate any and all potential issues before GP Would be allowed on. Would it also be used to “test the limit” so to speak so they know what range they could operate in before the system bogs down?
I'm confident Doppelmayr engineers know exactly the operating parameters of this system. It is a tested design not the first of it's kind so once the installation is tested for manufacturing and assembly defects it will perform to their calculations.

They have more than 14600 installations worldwide.

I'm confident Doppelmayr engineers know exactly the operating parameters of this system. It is a tested design not the first of it's kind so once the installation is tested for manufacturing and assembly defects it will perform to their calculations.

Oh I’m confident in them as well it was more of just thinking out loud and wondering how they do it kind of thing. Thanks for the info nonetheless :toast:

This is actually a new Doppelmayr gondola and it is going to be the first iteration of it to open anywhere I believe (or if not the world, the US).

Reactions: Doug A.
This is actually a new Doppelmayr gondola and it is going to be the first iteration of it to open anywhere I believe (or if not the world, the US).
New to the US but not the first of it's kind. The 10 passenger cabins are new but the ropeway and controls are a tested design that was used with the 8 passenger before. Liftblog went over the differences and it is pretty much an off the shelf design modified for this installation.
The stations are stock with a few frills and the second loading area but the rest is up and running in other places.
Nothing really new except the 8 passenger euro cabins are expanded so they can fit 8? WDW guests but they call it 10 passengers. Kinda like how the HE seats 8 but 6 are more comfortable

Reactions: HPFred and Doug A.
Supposedly Disney took one of the gondolas and tested it in some Nasa test chamber to test the air flow and whether they will be cool enough without AC in the summer, and supposedly it passed.

Reactions: therock and Doug A.
Supposedly Disney took one of the gondolas and tested it in some Nasa test chamber to test the air flow and whether they will be cool enough without AC in the summer, and supposedly it passed.
I want to see the recording of that test, would be way cool. :peace:

NASA tested, Disney approved.