Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Everything's the end of the world, until the time comes and we forgot it was the end of the world and move on to the next thing.

I’m on the assumption that even if the motor that turns the cable breaks down, there will be a clutch that they can engage and freewheel the cabins back to the station.

It’s VERY non humid for this time in Florida right now.

So, heat index is About 20 degrees below typical Summer day.

We rode yesterday, and as long as the car is moving it's fine, but when the line stopped (which happened several times) it gets really stuffy and hot really fast. When we were stopped in the Riviera station with the doors closed and the car not moving was especially bad. If you look in the stations they have fans blowing on the cars to try and keep the air moving but sometimes you get stopped where they do no good. Overall, I was impressed by the system, but I can see guests freaking out when the system stops for any length of time.

Based on what I’ve heard from those who have been on the Skyliner, the air circulation is really good and cool. No one’s gonna die.

Well its actually been rather cool and breezy this past week. So it's hard to properly compare to July/August temperatures with no breeze and 100 degree weather.

I don't see how anyone could argue it will be "comfortable" in those type of conditions.

No point in arguing about it though, I won't be visiting the park during those times anyway.

Well its actually been rather cool and breezy this past week. So it's hard to properly compare to July/August temperatures with no breeze and 100 degree weather.

I don't see how anyone could argue it will be "comfortable" in those type of conditions.

No point in arguing about it though, I won't be visiting the park during those times anyway.

It was 91 yesterday, with like 39% humidity, anyone comparing that to typical July weather clueless.