Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

If this keeps going on, then we might Avengers Campus open sooner or later. That is unless Disney wants to wait to open the area when everything is back to normal here across America.

I am befuddled by some of the closures. No one was expecting Submarine Voyage, to be fair, but why shutter Matterhorn and Astro Blasters? Unfortunate (but not surprising) that the Star Wars Cantina will remain closed for now.

The hours are also predictably disappointing - you will be paying "more" for less. I also think it's beyond backwards that you have to purchase tickets before you can make a reservation. I'm guessing there will be no multiday tickets, so I guess I will be waiting for additional openings after the state "reopens" on June 15th.

I am befuddled by some of the closures. No one was expecting Submarine Voyage, to be fair, but why shutter Matterhorn and Astro Blasters? Unfortunate (but not surprising) that the Star Wars Cantina will remain closed for now.

The hours are also predictably disappointing - you will be paying "more" for less. I also think it's beyond backwards that you have to purchase tickets before you can make a reservation. I'm guessing there will be no multiday tickets, so I guess I will be waiting for additional openings after the state "reopens" on June 15th.
Same

You are losing 5 hours for the same price, I know lines could be lower butttttttt have we seen this anywhere? Hasn't WDW lines for rides still been over 60 mins for most E tickets?

For those who want to go enjoy, I want to see all of GE and to leave at midnight if I'm paying 110+ a ticket.

I do find evenings magical at DL so a 7 PM close time is disappointing. However, the few times I’ve been to DLR, I’ve done a 1 Day park hopper and gotten both parks done from 9 AM to 10 PM. This time around, I’ll be spending 9 AM to 7 PM at each park. So, I’ll likely do more per park than I have at previous visits, assuming I get reservations.

The Blue bayou is going to start selling some wine and adult drinks.

I see other sites update, can someone logically explain to me why 25 dollar wine will ruin the park?
I just don't how in 2021 we are still demonizing beers and weed, I grew up with dare it was a lie most people drink/smoke and do not beat their wives or cause scenes.

I always thought it was amusing and kinda awkward for places like The Blue Bayou to not serve liquor.. imagine, you're a parent at Disneyland and you're taking the kids to dinner by Pirates.. and you see the expensive steak or seafood options.. and yet to drink, you had to choose between water or some Coke product? LOL so I'm all for them introducing wine and beer to DL..

I always thought it was amusing and kinda awkward for places like The Blue Bayou to not serve liquor.. imagine, you're a parent at Disneyland and you're taking the kids to dinner by Pirates.. and you see the expensive steak or seafood options.. and yet to drink, you had to choose between water or some Coke product? LOL so I'm all for them introducing wine and beer to DL..
What it seems like to me is some Disneyfans do not want change of any sort and others who really have an old school view on drinking and think kids seeing people drink is bad but to me that seems to be an American Bias, seeing how kids in other cultures drink and its fine. I wont be drinking 20 dollar glasses of wine but for those who want to..enjoy.

I was planning to see how those first 2 weeks go so they can get through the kinks anyway, so that works for me. Also holding out for any new AP program, at least an announcement. If they say 2022 at the earliest, then maybe I'll just wait for after June 15th when restrictions are mostly lifted to go and get a single day park hopper.

Sounds like RotR will have the same virtual pass system as DHS - available at 7 AM the morning of your visit, and a second distribution at 1 PM if your ticket’s scanned in.

Sounds like RotR will have the same virtual pass system as DHS - available at 7 AM the morning of your visit, and a second distribution at 1 PM if your ticket’s scanned in.

Makes sense. Two questions remain: 1, if you have a park hopper and start your day at Disneyland before "hopping" to DCA, can you return to Disneyland when your boarding group is called? 2, what does the reliability for this mothballed attraction even look like at this point?

Makes sense. Two questions remain: 1, if you have a park hopper and start your day at Disneyland before "hopping" to DCA, can you return to Disneyland when your boarding group is called? 2, what does the reliability for this mothballed attraction even look like at this point?

I know some rides were cycling through the closure to prevent maintenance issues. Wonder if Rise was one they occasional ran to trouble shoot issues.

The other big question I have involves multi-day tickets. Pre-pandemic, a multi-day ticket typically expired a week or so after first use. Will that still be the case now that all days are subject to high demand/limited quantity reservations, or will multi-day tickets have more lenient expiration dates (say, several months out or even all of 2021)? Perhaps multi-day tickets could draw from a different pool of reservations - otherwise, I don't see how purchasing a multi-day ticket is practical. Seems like you are bound to only be able to secure 1 or 2 days before the rest are locked out - and then what? The other days you purchased are just forced to expire?

Apologies if this has been discussed already but the OC Register broke down the ticketing tier system. Certain tickets will get you access to certain dates.

Do we know how far out the Disneyland calendar is opening for their reservations?

Without a pass, I definitely won't be going that first month, but my itch will definitely need to be scratched when Avengers Campus opens. I am really hoping by end of June they start a new pass option because I will be going crazy.