Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Goofy's Sky School really needs spinning like Primeval Whirl. While the themeing is much better than a California road with a dinosaur, the ride is still a tame wild-mouse. I really like everything going on in Cars Land. The virtual walkthrough, while not really that exciting, looks just like Radiator Springs in the film and if that is brought to life in the same way then it will be amazing to walk into. RSR looks great and I hope I can make it over to Cali to check it out. I'm curious though, is RSR the only ride in the land or will there be smaller attractions like the Toy Story Land does at DLP.

Goofy's Sky School really needs spinning like Primeval Whirl. While the themeing is much better than a California road with a dinosaur, the ride is still a tame wild-mouse. I really like everything going on in Cars Land. The virtual walkthrough, while not really that exciting, looks just like Radiator Springs in the film and if that is brought to life in the same way then it will be amazing to walk into. RSR looks great and I hope I can make it over to Cali to check it out. I'm curious though, is RSR the only ride in the land or will there be smaller attractions like the Toy Story Land does at DLP.

It'll have two smaller rides.. I might be messing up the names but I think they're Luigi's Tire Spin and Mater's Tow-Truck Rally..

It'll have two smaller rides.. I might be messing up the names but I think they're Luigi's Tire Spin and Mater's Tow-Truck Rally..

You're close. It'll be "Luigi's Flying Tires" and "Mater's Junkyard Jamboree". Both are mostly kiddie/family rides.

I like the new entrance but its almost the same as Hollywood Studios -___-

Hollywood Studios
17402.jpg

California Adventure
IMG_5320.jpg

The new entrance doesn't even make any sense. Buena Vista Street is set in the 20's. The Pan Pacific Auditorium (which the entrance is based on) wasn't built until the 30's.

Does it really matter? It's a theme park, and I doubt many people care about a ten year difference.

Sure it does. The entrance does not succeed in telling the story that Buena Vista Street is supposed to as it plays no role in Walt's arrival in California. Plus, the Pan Pacific Auditorium is not a good way to represent Disney or California for an entrance.

I get what J. Lee is saying, but at the same time, sometimes Imagineers ignore those tiny details for the sake of a theme that looks aesthetically pleasing.

At least the other entrance looked adventurely ( i know thats not a real word). When I think of adventure I think of the outdoors and mountains, which this entrance doesn't portray. It fits in better with Hollywood Studios.

At least the other entrance looked adventurely ( i know thats not a real word). When I think of adventure I think of the outdoors and mountains, which this entrance doesn't portray. It fits in better with Hollywood Studios.

Well it's focus isn't on the Adventures of California anymore. It's basically the west coast of DHS now.

Hmmm I wonder what site these pictures belong to?

There could have been a ton of ways to make the entrance aesthetically pleasing while still making sure it tells the proper story.

Overall, this entire overhaul plan is weak, creatively speaking. Putting characters everywhere is a terrible idea for improving this park.

The park potential's is truly unrealized. I've heard a lot of creative ideas from people on how to overhaul the park, and the best one I've heard would be to make the park revolve around the California dreamers, including Walt himself. Basically, DCA should become a museum of living facts that focuses on the personal stories of these people, as well as celebrate the past, present and future of California. It would be a place where California can be at home and where it can host its guests. The park would also connect itself to Disneyland much better with these changes.

Disney's idea of slapping characters everywhere just shows how they are truly creatively-bankrupt.