Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just think there needs to be better justification for taking down one of the greatest rides ever made based on one of the most iconic pieces of media ever made than "But Disney doesn't own that." Especially if the replacement is something as forgettable as the MCU version of Doctor Strange.
I agree with you except for Strange being forgettable. I think he’s one of the more interesting characters.

For instance the MCU version of Strange is far more interesting than MCU Hulk, who is far more iconic.

I agree with you except for Strange being forgettable. I think he’s one of the more interesting characters.

For instance the MCU version of Strange is far more interesting than MCU Hulk, who is far more iconic.

MCU Strange is a poor man's Tony Stark, but I was more talking about the film than the character. Though I have little love for the character either.

Reactions: SeventyOne
4.) Any Doctor Strange ride is much more likely to go Epcot.
I cant think of any reason to retime to strange. Only reason for it: They own the IP Against it: Expensive and convoluted redo; the ride is already popular and adding Strange doesn't;t do anything; the rights for TZ aren't all that much; CBS would probably work with Disney (new merchandise!) for the reboot [since Disney won't really be a competition for CBS AA, I can see that); and finally it wouldn't fit in with the theme of the area. RnRC is off to one side, but ToT basically towers (sorry) over the whole area

CM's have been apparently informed that Pizzerizzo is closing on October 20th.

I'd bet it's going seasonal. It's only ever open until 4PM anyway and nobody is ever there.

It's unfortunate since they just rethemed the place, but it makes business sense since the place is completely empty most of the time.

More likely the pizza just sucks and no one goes so why be open all the time. Also why I hate they don’t give AP discounts on quick service. Hey here’s this awful pizza for $13, but no discount.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Or the muppets are going away.
They won't be going away yet. DHS will need all the capacity it can have for when SWGE opens.

That is unless they plan on throwing something new in there quickly beforehand. They would have virtually all of 2019 to close it, remove Muppet theming and change to something else if they really wanted to. Removing Muppet theming from PizzaRizzo wouldn't be hard either because they barely put any in there. It was all very subtle.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I love PizzeRizzo. The food is terrible, but tolerable. More importantly it’s air conditioned and usually quiet upstairs, so it’s my escape when visiting the park. I’d be sad to see it go, even seasonally, but I can understand.

I love PizzeRizzo. The food is terrible, but tolerable. More importantly it’s air conditioned and usually quiet upstairs, so it’s my escape when visiting the park. I’d be sad to see it go, even seasonally, but I can understand.
I agree I like the atmosphere there, but the way you described it is exactly why it's closing. Mediocre/bad food and it's so empty it's become someone's "escape" :lol:

I remember when it used to be hard to find a seat here when it was Pizza Planet. Now it's hard to find other people inside at times. Eerily quiet.

I agree I like the atmosphere there, but the way you described it is exactly why it's closing. Mediocre/bad food and it's so empty it's become someone's "escape" :lol:

I remember when it used to be hard to find a seat here when it was Pizza Planet. Now it's hard to find other people inside at times. Eerily quiet.
Yea, the last place I described as my escape was Satu’li Canteen at breakfast time, and we all know how that ended up.