Dragons Not Dueling? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Dragons Not Dueling?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes. Destroy an amazing coaster because one minor feature was removed for safety reasons. That's not an overreaction at all! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call the "dueling" aspect of the "world's only dueling inverted coaster" a minor feature.

Definitely don't want it dozed though haha

I wouldn't call the "dueling" aspect of the "world's only dueling inverted coaster" a minor feature.

Definitely don't want it dozed though haha

I agree completely. The dueling is a HUGE part of what these coaster used to be and are supposed to be. I can understand Universal's decision for guests' safety and I blame it all on the %&^#*@3# punks that were throwing pennies or whatever it was... I rode Horntail / Ice last Saturday and it was so depressing... I think it was the first time I was disappointed (and anything other than excited) when coming off a coaster. I didn't even want to go on Fireball / Fire after that. Ice was the first "real" coaster I rode and it held such a big place in my heart and was one of the top in my list of favorites. Taking away the dueling has taken away the biggest and most important part of this ride. I don't think I'll get over this change soon.

Also agreed, I don't want it demolished :p That's a bit much :lol: I'm still holding out for hope that one day in the future the dueling might come back on. I know, I know.... It was announced that it's forever turned off... Well, call me stubborn, delusional, whatever... It's possible. They just need to realize these are isolated incidents caused by people, not the dueling feature. They need to find a better solution and put the dueling back on. And by solution I don't think some sort of netting, I think more along the terms of better security before getting on. They already have all these exit signs and stuff that deter from the (questionable) queue theming. What's some visible video cameras, more signs and voice over warnings Umbridge style to scare the punks into rethinking any stupid ideas they might have. Dragon Challenge's queue is already a pointless cavern, so there's not much theming to ruin there anyways. Then, place some mean looking security guards and improve/implement safety checks before boarding the vehicles. I think they should have done something like this before calling off the dueling all together. I get they probably had other (unreported) incidents before, and these really were very serious incidents that called to taking severe measures, but they could have gone the maximum security route and see how this works out before taking out THE element that makes this ride what it is.

:rant:

Ok rant over... It's just been building up inside me... I had to let it out. I feel a bit better now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy
I guess this thread would be a good place for this:

Attraction Closures: From 6/4 - 6/8, the Chinese Fireball side of Dragon Challenge™ will be closed for seasonal maintenance. However, the Hungarian Horntail side with operate as usual.

I guess this thread would be a good place for this:

Attraction Closures: From 6/4 - 6/8, the Chinese Fireball side of Dragon Challenge™ will be closed for seasonal maintenance. However, the Hungarian Horntail side with operate as usual.

Wow, that's really odd. I wonder why it's only one side. Thanks for the head's up! :thumbs:

Odd, the downtime was taken off the park hours page a moment ago...

Is both sides of the coaster running today?

Edit 2:15: They change the site again, now says: "Attraction Closures: None for this week."

Last edited: