Dragons Not Dueling? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Dragons Not Dueling?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally feel we should be stripped of all articles of clothing and forced to ride in the nude! For Dueling, I would sacrifice my dignity....although that may incite fecal trajectories!! Scratch the nudity! Install feaux cameras and big warning signs that say "you are under video surveillance, DO NOT THROW SH** AT THE OTHER PEOPLE...NOT COOL BRO" on the back of every car. Maybe a little more legal jargon, but essentially what I wrote.

It's just frustrating that one jerk can totally ruin it for everyone...assuming that is what is in fact happening

Add non-dueling to the lame queue, and I honestly would skip it a lot. Sure, I would ride it sometimes. But it would just be a empty shell of its former self.

My word, some of you are being so childish about this! To say, "I shall NEVER ride this again!!!!" is a bit bombastic and short sighted. It implies that you rode the thing so that you could watch the other train the entire time. While it does lessen the drama for a spectators who are not riding, it hardly ruins the design, positive and negative G's and basic thrill of each individual coaster. If you do in fact choose to not ride, I promise you that you are far less than 1% of the visitors that will make such a silly choice.

My word, some of you are being so childish about this! To say, "I shall NEVER ride this again!!!!" is a bit bombastic and short sighted. It implies that you rode the thing so that you could watch the other train the entire time. While it does lessen the drama for a spectators who are not riding, it hardly ruins the design, positive and negative G's and basic thrill of each individual coaster. If you do in fact choose to not ride, I promise you that you are far less than 1% of the visitors that will make such a silly choice.

It does affect the thrill. And it effects my desire to ride. The queue is just a pain now. And the coolest part of the ride is gone. I will ride it, but not as often because it won't be as good. That's a fact.

To be fair though, did you really notice the dueling that much if you weren't in the first row? I mean, yes, it does take something away from the ride, but to say that you will never ride it again is a bit much!

I'll probably still ride it. I said I wasn't going to because I didn't want to be pelted with a penny and end up in the E.R.
The lack of dueling makes it kind of lame. I mean yeah, the coaster is fun and awesome.. but just the thought they aren't dueling and you are riding while other people are waiting on you, and you won't see the red/blue coaster next to you or fly by you is lame. I get why they did it, but it needs to be fixed asap.

I personally feel we should be stripped of all articles of clothing and forced to ride in the nude! For Dueling, I would sacrifice my dignity....although that may incite fecal trajectories!! Scratch the nudity! Install feaux cameras and big warning signs that say "you are under video surveillance, DO NOT THROW SH** AT THE OTHER PEOPLE...NOT COOL BRO" on the back of every car. Maybe a little more legal jargon, but essentially what I wrote.

It's just frustrating that one jerk can totally ruin it for everyone...assuming that is what is in fact happening

There's a reason your name is Crazyidea :lol:

Actuallllyyyyyyy, I think I was saying since this negatively effects my opinion of fhe ride, I will ride it less. That I know.

Well, it sounded like you were stating it won't be as good without the dueling, and that that was a fact.

because it won't be as good. That's a fact.

Personally if this ride sucks so much without the dueling, it sounds like it was never that good to begin with.

I'll still ride it, but the selling point has always been that it's a DUELING inverted coaster. And while you may not notice the dueling elements at times, there's still a fun thrill going up the lift side by side, seeing your "opponents" before you plunge down into the track.

Okay, sorry if I sounded like a troll. But it really does matter to me. The queue and dueling aspect made the ride an attraction, and not just a coaster. The appeal is really low for me now. I dont care if It's still decent without It, I know how much I used to love it.

Well, it sounded like you were stating it won't be as good without the dueling, and that that was a fact.
I think you misunderstood him. the full quote was: "I will ride it, but not as often because it won't be as good. That's a fact." He was just saying that it was a fact that he wouldn't ride it as often. That's all.

Personally if this ride sucks so much without the dueling, it sounds like it was never that good to begin with.
THANK YOU! Did anyone here actually think it was a good ride or did they only like the dueling? Personally, I think even without the dueling, it's still a great roller coaster.

THANK YOU! Did anyone here actually think it was a good ride or did they only like the dueling? Personally, I think even without the dueling, it's still a great roller coaster.

Yeah, I mean the dueling aspect is really only visual... The ride experience may be altered, but the coaster remains the same...

I only ride it once per a trip to begin with, now that it does not duel I'll probably only ride every few trips. IMO, the dueling was the only thing that set it apart.

I look at it like this: if Space Mountain had it's lights on, it would still be the same coaster, but a major element would be missing. Same with the dueling.

OH JESUS I WISH SPACE MOUNTAIN HAD ITS LIGHTS ON! My parents made me ride that when I was little even though I'm terrified of roller coasters. SCARRED FOR LIFE.

I look at it like this: if Space Mountain had it's lights on, it would still be the same coaster, but a major element would be missing. Same with the dueling.
Space Mt's darkness is a LOT different than DC's dueling! DC's dueling, although a big element, isn't that noticeable all the time, only at a few small points.