DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Though I sense that people around here are tired of it, it's also a genuinely good attraction that people generally like.
It's an entertaining attraction. It was 'much better' with the 3D glasses though, partly because the screen is so small compared to the other park's Minion Mayhem attractions. Definition is weaker now, also. But it's still OK, at the least. Additionally, the pre shows are quite good. It's definitely popular.

Yesterday was my first visit to UO in months (Mardi Gras was my last), and I came away with two impressions significant to this topic--
  • The scale of the construction for the new stuff in KZ is much more impressive in person than in pictures. I don't think most people realize how much space is there and how the makeover will fill that space with so much more than it had. Even if the number and types of actual "attractions" remains the same, the scale and density of new features will really change the whole thing for the better.
  • Minion Land is a perfect example of how some really simple plussing and updating can go a LONG way. Similar to Kid Zone there's nothing really new about it (one attraction replaced another), but the food, the merchandise, the color, the LIFE added to that area went so far beyond what it could have been with just a new ride. Yesterday was a Thursday with HHN, but the stores and restaurants were busy and guests of all ages with varying degrees of exposure to the franchise were all enjoying the aspects of the land.
Universal has created a pretty successful blueprint for turning simple attractions and makeovers into more than they might appear on paper. I have confidence Dreamworks will do something similar as well as offer something aimed at younger guests that is noticeably lacking at the moment.

Yesterday was my first visit to UO in months (Mardi Gras was my last), and I came away with two impressions significant to this topic--
  • The scale of the construction for the new stuff in KZ is much more impressive in person than in pictures. I don't think most people realize how much space is there and how the makeover will fill that space with so much more than it had. Even if the number and types of actual "attractions" remains the same, the scale and density of new features will really change the whole thing for the better.
  • Minion Land is a perfect example of how some really simple plussing and updating can go a LONG way. Similar to Kid Zone there's nothing really new about it (one attraction replaced another), but the food, the merchandise, the color, the LIFE added to that area went so far beyond what it could have been with just a new ride. Yesterday was a Thursday with HHN, but the stores and restaurants were busy and guests of all ages with varying degrees of exposure to the franchise were all enjoying the aspects of the land.
Universal has created a pretty successful blueprint for turning simple attractions and makeovers into more than they might appear on paper. I have confidence Dreamworks will do something similar as well as offer something aimed at younger guests that is noticeably lacking at the moment.
Yes. As I've stated before, the Minion blueprint reminded me of the Springfield blueprint, which has been very successful since Day One. Dreamworks potentially can be the same success. Parks don't always need to spend a Billion dollars on a 25 acre land. A lot can be done with much less to refresh an area....I have to give Universal Creative a nice pat on the back for their work in recreating these small lands with a limited budget.

It's an entertaining attraction. It was 'much better' with the 3D glasses though, partly because the screen is so small compared to the other park's Minion Mayhem attractions. Definition is weaker now, also. But it's still OK, at the least. Additionally, the pre shows are quite good. It's definitely popular.
It's also a kids attraction that doesn't have the problem of characters constantly intruding or saying things in a way that makes you want to die (*cough* Web-Slingers *cough*)

Though I sense that people around here are tired of it, it's also a genuinely good attraction that people generally like.
Yeah, I don’t understand what the beef with that attraction is. It’s really good and people like it!
I think the perception that people around here (or maybe just me!) are "tired" of it comes from it being one of the three "traditional" simulators in the park.

So I'm not tired of Minion Mayhem, specifically, but I do think at least one (if not two) of those three should be out of the park sooner than later. Any one or two of them.
Parks don't always need to spend a Billion dollars on a 25 acre land.
The choice shouldn't have to be that, though. It shouldn't be either build a billion-dollar, single-theme land OR do some cost-effective refreshes of existing experiences.

We really do need a thread to talk about USF on a broader level.

I know it was mentioned on this thread a while back people thought they were rumors the back of KZ would get some sort of dark ride that would expand into backstage areas. Would it have to be strictly themed to KFP or could they position the entrance more towards the DreamWorks Destination so it can be more broad in theme? I would personally like to see a more catch all DW dark ride with all the major characters together at once.

Reactions: TylerG
I know it was mentioned on this thread a while back people thought they were rumors the back of KZ would get some sort of dark ride that would expand into backstage areas. Would it have to be strictly themed to KFP or could they position the entrance more towards the DreamWorks Destination so it can be more broad in theme? I would personally like to see a more catch all DW dark ride with all the major characters together at once.
Putting the cart before the horse here. Let’s wait for Phase 1 first.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So we're assuming Summer 2024 for this right? Am I crazy to say that it seems like the build on this seems kinda slow?

Considering this was a pretty recent decision to convert the area over to DreamWorks, they might just be delayed with the fabrication of theming elements. All the infrastructure/buildings in the land are already there, they just need to put in thematic elements now since it seems like all the foundation work is there. Looks like they're just reusing the shell of the former Curious George play area instead of a new build.