DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this completed. Though I don't have any individual interest in the attractions, after all it's a land for younger children and their parents, it'll be cool to actually see a crowd of people there. The very many times I've been to Universal, I've rarely seen more than a few handfuls of people in the Kidzone area, with the exception of Animal Actors. This will be a nice, small budget improvement for the park. It should help to diversify the park and perhaps lessen some of the lines since more families will be spending some time back there. Of course, it would be nice if they added a dark ride in the future. A SLOP type ride themed to Trolls or Shrek would be perfect.

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this completed. Though I don't have any individual interest in the attractions, after all it's a land for younger children and their parents, it'll be cool to actually see a crowd of people there. The very many times I've been to Universal, I've rarely seen more than a few handfuls of people in the Kidzone area, with the exception of Animal Actors. This will be a nice, small budget improvement for the park. It should help to diversify the park and perhaps lessen some of the lines since more families will be spending some time back there. Of course, it would be nice if they added a dark ride in the future. A SLOP type ride themed to Trolls or Shrek would be perfect.
I'm mostly interested to see how they theme the play areas, although I doubt anything here is going to be on the level of Camp Jurassic.

Trolls is just begging for a dark boat ride.

No drops, no height requirement. Just a calm visual overload of singing animatronics.

I think this land is going to be a much bigger addition to the park than we all realize, purely for what you mention here: a crowd of people there.

KidZone was always DEAD. This will draw more people to that area of the park, and should help alleviate some other areas of the park at the same time.

I’ve been to Universal countless times and don’t even know this area, like if someone told me to draw USF I could nail every little detail but I don’t even know the pathways for this area. Never went past ET.

I’ve been to Universal countless times and don’t even know this area, like if someone told me to draw USF I could nail every little detail but I don’t even know the pathways for this area. Never went past ET.
You weren't alone. Hardly anyone was ever back there, outside of the summer months and Christmas weeks. They could have named it "Ghost Town" and they wouldn't even had to theme it. ;) :lol:

I have literally never walked beyond E.T.'s entrance since the 1990s. Even when I was a kid, I didn't like KidZone.
Almost same here. We only walked back there to see if there were any guests. Generally it was just a handful, if any. A couple years before Barney closed, out of curiosity, we went to a show. We were really surprised how cool the theater was. And even more surprised at the very huge, and elaborate, indoor play area before the guest shop.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Just curious......I was never in KidZone during it's first, early years. Anyone out there that went there then....was it busy during it's first years before it died out? Or was it pretty much always dead, except for summer and Xmas weeks, for the rest of the year?

Just curious......I was never in KidZone during it's first, early years. Anyone out there that went there then....was it busy during it's first years before it died out? Or was it pretty much always dead, except for summer and Xmas weeks, for the rest of the year?

I remember even back in 2004 - when I was young enough to use the features - it was still pretty quiet. But then, the parks at large were often relative ghost towns in those years.