DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y’all are really underestimating how busy parts of KidsZone got, even in recent years. While Fievel hadn’t really been too popular in later years, kids can’t pass up a splash pad so Curious George was busy on hot days.

And yes, the Ball Factory was incredible.

Adding DreamWorks characters brought more life to the Barney theater area though, so the updated area will be even busier obviously, but in a park without much for kids to do, parents have always sought out the KidsZone area and visited.

Y’all are really underestimating how busy parts of KidsZone got, even in recent years. While Fievel hadn’t really been too popular in later years, kids can’t pass up a splash pad so Curious George was busy on hot days.

And yes, the Ball Factory was incredible.

Adding DreamWorks characters brought more life to the Barney theater area though, so the updated area will be even busier obviously, but in a park without much for kids to do, parents have always sought out the KidsZone area and visited.
As a former ball factory kid myself, I must concur, those ball factories will eat up your kids (capacity-wise).

Ya'll REALLY missed out on USF's only water ride.
This was the only water ride I needed at USF:
1C4263491-111202-jaws-universalstudios.jpg

I remember even back in 2004 - when I was young enough to use the features - it was still pretty quiet. But then, the parks at large were often relative ghost towns in those years.
2004 was actually the first time I went to USO, until I started killing it in 2011. It was a Sunday, and yes, the park was dead. We went to ET but didn't have time to walk back into Kidzone, so I had no idea what was back there. Funny thing was, they were having a soft opening for Mummy, but the line probably included the bulk of people in the park. Since the line stretched a couple blocks, we skipped it. That was my first trip to Orlando. We also did MK & AK. My opinion at that time was that Back to the Future was the best attraction I was ever on, and I had been at most of the major northeastern USA parks numerous times before that. My brother, who was a VP of Lionsgate until his retirement in 2022, enjoyed the Horror Make Up show and Terminator the most of any of the attractions. That was his second trip to the Universal park. He liked it better than the Disney parks that he had been to a few times prior.

Kung Fu Panda seems like an obvious spot for a quick service restaurant, even if it's just a pickup window and some outdoor seating. Have we heard of anything related to this?
I'd be shocked if we didn't have some type of KFP quick service - especially since noodles are one of the only areas of food not touched upon in USF.

They'll probably just port the ramen from Comic Strip Cafe lol

I'd be shocked if we didn't have some type of KFP quick service - especially since noodles are one of the only areas of food not touched upon in USF.

They'll probably just port the ramen from Comic Strip Cafe lol
Doesn't look like we're getting any sort of new kitchen back there, but they've been in a tear recently with updating the snack stands.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Kidzone will certainly be MORE crowded than before, but after an initial burst of interest when it opens, I have my doubts that it will suddenly become a significant draw. Popular IPs (even currently dead ones like Shrek) can increase interest in an attraction to a certain extent, but it can’t compensate for an old and/ or lackluster attraction - witness Fast and Furious. Kidzone will also continue to suffer from a geographical disadvantage as a relatively out-of-the-way cul-de-sac. Without a significant ride in the parade building spot to pull guests through the area, I suspect that in a couple years the area will be just slightly more crowded then it currently is.

Kidzone will certainly be MORE crowded than before, but after an initial burst of interest when it opens, I have my doubts that it will suddenly become a significant draw. Popular IPs (even currently dead ones like Shrek) can increase interest in an attraction to a certain extent, but it can’t compensate for an old and/ or lackluster attraction - witness Fast and Furious.
Minion Mayhem says hi

Kidzone will certainly be MORE crowded than before, but after an initial burst of interest when it opens, I have my doubts that it will suddenly become a significant draw. Popular IPs (even currently dead ones like Shrek) can increase interest in an attraction to a certain extent, but it can’t compensate for an old and/ or lackluster attraction - witness Fast and Furious. Kidzone will also continue to suffer from a geographical disadvantage as a relatively out-of-the-way cul-de-sac. Without a significant ride in the parade building spot to pull guests through the area, I suspect that in a couple years the area will be just slightly more crowded then it currently is.

We'll see - but if it's a generally well-received area, they'll make an effort to head that way; especially as it's going to be the only Universal Studios area outright dedicated for kids.