Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
then what was the point to close down the candy shop In the middle of this and purpose to create a beautiful new entrance when it art deco than we come to new York and then to art deco again

then what was the point to close down the candy shop In the middle of this and purpose to create a beautiful new entrance when it art deco than we come to new York and then to art deco again

To put this in, Sweet Liberty if I'm not mistaken, is apart of the showbuilding for Dreamworks Theater, and that I would have to assume that they would rather want to convert SL into something more compact to give DWT as much space as possible for the new attraction.

well I didn't know this before but can't they theme it to the rest of universal Blvd

Honestly, who's to say LA doesn't have buildings like what we see in NY Street?

Not to mention, we are talking about a park that is in the heart of a movie studio, where the Metro sets get redressed all the time for various productions. They can simply redecorate those NY Street sets when they need too, without adding Art Deco elements.

Reactions: marip123
To put this in, Sweet Liberty if I'm not mistaken, is apart of the showbuilding for Dreamworks Theater, and that I would have to assume that they would rather want to convert SL into something more compact to give DWT as much space as possible for the new attraction.

My belief is that they cannot sell edible merchandise in a building that is under construction. Its probably more of a legal and health issue over anything else. I expect if this facade does not change we will see the candy shop return in some fashion. Sadly, I was hoping the facade to go away.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Anyone think that the Dreamworks Theater may bring the first Virtual Queue to Universal Studios Hollywood?

A virtual queue for this? I don't foresee lines getting backed up more than 20 minutes most of the time.

A virtual queue for this? I don't foresee lines getting backed up more than 20 minutes most of the time.

My thoughts on this would be that the "lobby" may have interactive experiences which are currently present in Fallon and potentially Supercharged in Orlando. This could offer Universal Studios Hollywood the ability to test the waters...

Reactions: Andysol
It would be interesting to see what the Guest Satisfaction scores are for the Virtual Queue. If people don't give it high marks for Fallon & then F&F at Orlando, perhaps the experiment will fade away.

Reactions: Andysol