Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

To be honest, if they were to try to use Virtual Queue for USH, a part of me would suspect that TWDA or even Simpsons would be a better option at this point than DWT for Virtual Queue testing.

The virtual queue system seems like it needs a 3 room experience. I am curious to see how Supercharged does this in Orlando...

With Shrek 4D being completely gutted, could this possibly make it a 3 room experience?

Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest

With DreamWorks Animation’s recent acquisition, Universal Studios Hollywood will soon roll out the red carpet for an all-new DreamWorks Theatre presenting the premier attraction, “Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest.” Opening in 2018, this newly designed venue will play host to a variety of action-packed DreamWorks Animation themed attractions, beginning with the multi-sensory adventure inspired by the global blockbuster franchise, Kung Fu Panda, and created in partnership with Universal Creative and DreamWorks’ Artists. This new technologically-advanced attraction will take guests on a legendary journey that fuses captivating storytelling with state-of-the art projection mapping and LED lighting effects for a highly engaging and immersive, unstoppable-awesome experience. ~ Universal Studios Hollywood News Release - January 24, 2018

Even so, they wouldn't add an additional film for easily another couple years.

I wouldn't be so sure. How to Train Your Dragon 3 is slated to be released March 1, 2019. I think having a HtTYD film in there around that time is perfectly within the realm of possibility.

I wouldn't be so sure. How to Train Your Dragon 3 is slated to be released March 1, 2019. I think having a HtTYD film in there around that time is perfectly within the realm of possibility.

Maybe, but it wouldn’t be in 1 year. There is no KFP franchise film out now or on the horizon but instead is franchising on the brand. I don’t think it’ll be marketed as the Dreamworks Theatre but instead KFP. Universal is probably expecting at least a full 2-year use on it until, like Kyle said, possibly seasonal offerings in 2019. I don’t see a new one being added til 2020, when it could be a release valve for whatever the big new 2020 attraction may be (SLoP at the moment it seems, with Ninty 2021/22)

I'll give it 1 year of continuous run, then in fall of 2019 it'll start going seasonal (halloween and christmas).

That's what we said about Shrek 4D here in FL.

84.gif

I don't see this having a virtual queue. It has a somewhat large capacity

But consider the Despicable Me and Simpsons factor...the attraction rarely has to ever close for refurb as only one theater could go down at a time during off season. I also like the more personal experiences.

Although, I also do not believe multiple rooms will take place for KFP, it would have been interesting to see a different layout.