Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

I enjoyed it! The attraction is definitely better than Shrek. I'm sure those working are still learning but they were barely filling up the last few rows.

- That final projection scene had me in aw. It reminded me of the grand finale of Mystic Manor.

*Another complaint for me is that the seats seemed a bit low. Other than that, it's a fine addition to USH. DM is now me least favorite USH attraction
I hinted at this in the review thread, but I would say it's definitely the best of the 4D theater and simulator rides Uni has ever done. I barely have any complaints about it other than the rough seat motion. It's good enough where it's forgivable that it's another "screenz" ride at the park. This is a good way to finish off those "screenz" rides for a long while.

That pre-show though..... :grin:

I think this will have potential to be something that can stick around for a long time, especially if they do add more than 1 film per day, it gives incentive for repeat visits to the theater and in-turn, giving more for people to do while they wait for something to happen, or not having anything to do while their party is somewhere else.

And I think that's huge for USH specifically. Adding multiple "attractions" in a single venue not only addresses their space issue, but length of stay. It's a perfect solution.

And I think that's huge for USH specifically. Adding multiple "attractions" in a single venue not only addresses their space issue, but length of stay. It's a perfect solution.

Yup, especially with the size of Hollywood, this attraction, alongside Nintendo, Pets, and whatever else goes on in the LL may finally establish USH to be a more proper full-day park.

No soft opening right now at the park, hopefully soon!

I entered the park yesterday at 10 am and it wasn't opened. Based on what a few others here have said, I wasn't expecting it to open at all yesterday. To my surprise, around 3:30 pm after leaving FJ to catch Waterworld, the technical rehearsal sign was out. I'm not sure the exact time it opened, but hang in there. There's still hope for it to open today.

Very impressed with the attraction! Much better than Shrek 4-D however, I thought the actual theatre portion was a little short but overall it was great!
Hopefully Jurassic World doesn’t heavily rely on the projection mapping like on this attraction.

Kinda telling that the softs for this just kinda slipped away from me while happening. I guess that was just how busy I was...

It looks cute, nothing more, nothing less. About what I expected. Chuckled at some of the exit posters being Bee Movie and Road to El Dorado. Got right in under the buzzer.

After seeing the Inside Universal coverage of the AP Preview today, I'm very thankful to the IU team and others who alerted us about the technical rehearsals last week. I had signed up for the AP Preview today too, but skipped it since I was able to see the new show three times last week. It would have been frustrating to arrive today only to see that the attraction was down. It's an inconvenience for sure, but this is why it's really good for Universal to have a these technical rehearsals and AP previews. Hopefully they'll iron out all the kinks and issues before the official opening later this month. It sounds like they did recover and open later in the afternoon, so hopefully that didn't sour the experience for those who showed up for their time slots earlier in the day.

After seeing the Inside Universal coverage of the AP Preview today, I'm very thankful to the IU team and others who alerted us about the technical rehearsals last week. I had signed up for the AP Preview today too, but skipped it since I was able to see the new show three times last week. It would have been frustrating to arrive today only to see that the attraction was down. It's an inconvenience for sure, but this is why it's really good for Universal to have a these technical rehearsals and AP previews. Hopefully they'll iron out all the kinks and issues before the official opening later this month. It sounds like they did recover and open later in the afternoon, so hopefully that didn't sour the experience for those who showed up for their time slots earlier in the day.
I heard the wait was 2 1/2 hours long, all the queue was filled and then beyond the entrance the line went, that might’ve just been waiting for it to reopen! I scheduled my preview today but couldn’t make it, luckily, I got multiple rides in at the technical rehearsals earlier this week.

It was open by about 2:30-3pm, and while we were in the express line, the regular line appeared to only be about 1/2 full. We also heard mummerings that they would open to the general public later that night, but I'm not at the park currently to confirm.

As I was making my way to the Studio Tour at about 10:45 am, the line for the 11:00 am group went through Springfield to the Kwik-E-Mart. Sad for that group who waited awhile already only to have the attraction close down for over 3 hours. A TM said that it was due to the motion seats not syncing correctly with the video. I was part of the 2:00 pm group, but didn't get in line until just after 3:00 pm and waited just over an hour. I got in line near the narrow passageway between the courtyard and the covered (extended queue?) portion to give you an idea of a rough wait time depending on where you're at in line.

Is it still Passholder Previews this week, or have they moved on to soft opens? I'm considering visiting the park Friday or Saturday, and was wondering what to expect.

Is it still Passholder Previews this week, or have they moved on to soft opens? I'm considering visiting the park Friday or Saturday, and was wondering what to expect.
The pass member previews are from June 3-7, 9, 11. I think it’s highly possible they will do soft openings for normal guests during the other days before the June 15th opening.

So I checked out the attraction on the 3rd.
I forgot to post about it. Was able to catch 3 showings.
I didn't RSVP for the 3rd but was able to get in anyway with my AP.
It was not an understatement, that theatre is gorgeous.
Video really does not do it justice. Anyway though, I really enjoyed the attraction.
It was a huge step in the right direction for Universal. I can see this theatre having a decent amount of staying power.
even with new properties being brought to the theatre in the future. As for the Kung Fu Panda experience, I don't see what people
are saying about the seats being too rough. They were just rough enough to be realistic, to me. Although it does feel weird when your tall enough for your feet to touch the ground,
it takes away a bit from the motion. I'd like to see Universal add a bar on the seats so taller guests can put thier feet off the ground.