Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ugh that made me feel old! I still remember when it was Movie Time and just ran movie trailers all the time. Then it became E! Of course I haven't watched it in YEARS, but like MTV it changed its focus over time and lost old viewers as they catered to new viewers with Kardasians and programming by Ryan Seacrest...

Reactions: RevFreako
Ooh, that sounds pretty interesting. Might have to check it out
It doesn't run anymore. It used to be a good way to keep up with the water-cooler chatter, back when talk shows mattered. They tried to update it by calling it Web Soup, using viral video clips, but it didn't work.

Sorry for all the workers.

Honesty surprised so many network channels are still around....Youtube for FREE has tons of great options for News, Gossip, entertainment podcasts and talk shows. I haven't watch TV in 5 years and honestly besides sports don't get why many still have cable.

Generally, Saturday's have been the standout attendance day, in this covid era of limited capacity and distanced lines. Looking at the noon Orlando theme park line times on Touring Plans, today seems, by far, the busiest Saturday to date.
MK, DHS, AK, USF & IOA all have long, covid adjusted of course, lines. Only Epcot seems a bit slow. Perhaps, with some schools starting soon, the locals are getting their last hurrahs in this weekend and next weekend.

Perhaps, with some schools starting soon, the locals are getting their last hurrahs in this weekend and next weekend.

A bit of that going on here too. As well, I’ve never seen people walking with so many shopping bags, ever. There must be a ton of “holy f, we’ve stocked too much“ sales going on, that or it is buy a bag and stuff it week.

Reactions: Mad Dog
NCAA Sports are on the brink of full cancellation. Maybe this will get people to realize a pandemic is still happening.

Last edited:
It's my birthday next Monday. If cinemas here in the UK were offering a similar deal I'd rent a screen just for my wife and I, and maybe a couple of friends, to watch Jurassic Park on the big screen again. Great deal.

The Vue in my town has a small screen with 30 seats for parties.

Could be something to look into.

The Vue in my town has a small screen with 30 seats for parties.

Could be something to look into.

Cheers, not a bad idea - I looked into it briefly last year when my best man and I were planning my stag do but from memory it was around £1k+VAT which was a bit much. Then again I do live in London so that may have had something to do with it!

Maybe they've reconsidered their pricing given the current climate, but I don't think my local Vue is open again until the 21st August. Might drop them an email to see what they say.

Reactions: Scott W.
Washington Post; "Marriott reported a net loss of $234 million this quarter. But Marriott also reported signs of improvement. Marriott's rooms were occupied at a
rate of just 11% in early April. But each subsequent week has shown improvement. More than one third of Marriott's rooms were occupied at the start of August.
'While the full recovery from Covid-19 will clearly take time, the current trends we are seeing reinforce our view that when people feel safe traveling, demand returns
quickly' said CEO Arne Sorenson."

Status
Not open for further replies.