Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of Mickey ears we're gonna get Mickey masks now :)
99201715081570913.jpg

Last edited:
And then there is the science fiction dark horse idea being discussed: An antibody ID card or perhaps a chip embedded in our arm or foot or groin area.

Which, if ever introduced, would singlehandedly cause the biggest spike in cases as people intentionally get the virus, so they can get the anti-bodies and try to get back to a normal life.

Perhaps they would tighten phased closing guidelines for a while

i.e. severely limit the amount of guests that are allowed in the parks on a given day

It could sell out just like old school HHN

As long as they make the first day back open a weekday, I don't think they will need to do much closing. As someone who lived thru 9/11 down here, which I think ultimately will be shown to have less of an effect, I don't expect full parks from get-go.

Looking at the signals coming out of Washington, seems to me that the administration believes the dire death rate projections were wrong and they're going to make a major effort to get the economy going in 4 to 6 weeks. They are strongly signaling that the threat to the economy and people's livelihood are more essential to the nation's health than the CV threat, which they are already starting to have their allies in the media downgrade again. Usually when the administration has their media friends start a dialogue, it indicates the administration is moving in that direction. There's been a large change in attitude from the administration and their media voices since those lower numbers popped up. Seems like they're preparing to go on the offensive, instead of playing defense, now. . ...Just my personal take, but I think that's what's happening behind the scenes.

Looking at the signals coming out of Washington, seems to me that the administration believes the dire death rate projections were wrong and they're going to make a major effort to get the economy going in 4 to 6 weeks. They are strongly signaling that the threat to the economy and people's livelihood are more essential to the nation's health than the CV threat, which they are already starting to have their allies in the media downgrade again. Usually when the administration has their media friends start a dialogue, it indicates the administration is moving in that direction. There's been a large change in attitude from the administration and their media voices since those lower numbers popped up. Seems like they're preparing to go on the offensive, instead of playing defense, now. . ...Just my personal take, but I think that's what's happening behind the scenes.
For a few days now, June 1st is the number I’ve heard thrown around from Parks and Government friends. For once, it seems Disney was ahead of the curve.

For a few days now, June 1st is the number I’ve heard thrown around from Parks and Government friends. For once, it seems Disney was ahead of the curve.
May well be. I see a big push coming to get back to normal, or at least close to it, probably in stages. I think they (Washington) fear a down economy more than a CV resurgence in the summer/fall..They're using the old same number of death's as a bad flu season analogy again.

That is scary. Walt seems very very opportunistic in thIs photo. Reminds me of a famous world leader right now who has discovered that appearing at daily briefings might be a plus because he feels that he is most clever on tv.
You have to look at it in context -- during WWII, gas masks for children were a necessity during the London bombings - Walt was asked for help figuring out a way to make children less frightened to wear them. Walt would be a conservative today, but he would not likely align himself with today's "president."

And of anyone has issues with the quotation marks, there's a full page of "China is the new Evil empire" that hasn't raised an eyebrow. Miss me with that.

Reactions: Frogki and Teebin
I’m frankly not planning on traveling again for a bit after this as much as I hate to say it. 2023 for EU is probably my best vacation as I don’t forsee a move to Orlando like I initially thought a few month ago. Makes me sad but I also want things to be more normal and safe for me, my friends/family and all park guests. Take the time to make this right

Status
Not open for further replies.